• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
We won a CB series when we were neck to neck in terms of talent a few years back
regardless of the surprising performance from the indian bowlers in this tournament, they are not neck and neck in terms of talent...the batting is closer in the talent stakes but the aussies are better in bowling and fielding and that should make the difference...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
India are bowlling great dots. And don't seem to be searching for wicket taking deliveries as much as other teams. They are building pressure through their bowling. I have never seen such accurate Indian bowling before. I wonder if they can keep it up...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep its like the complete opposite strategy to Baz. So interesting that there are teams with different ways of going about it in this WC.

biased indian

International Coach
regardless of the surprising performance from the indian bowlers in this tournament, they are not neck and neck in terms of talent...the batting is closer in the talent stakes but the aussies are better in bowling and fielding and that should make the difference...
ya talent wise our attack was on par with Bangladesh if not worse ..but the fact is they have bowled their heart out so far is commendable .as for the reminder of the tournament. they are going to face their biggest threat in semi ..they would not fear the batsmen of NZ or SA in final. if they make it that far

biased indian

International Coach
Australia and India have played 14 matches at SCG in ODIs till now. Australia won 12 and India 1. Match loaded heavily in favour of Australia. Iam surprised that with the spinning pitches S CG produce usually, India weren't able to win beyond one game at SCG.
i am sure that was the 14 times SCG had least assisted the spinners..but with ICC taking care of pitch hope we get a true SCG pitch :)

Riggins

International Captain
Really ****ing scared of Kohli here. Unless he does something special, of which he's both capable and due, then we'll cruise it.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
i am sure that was the 14 times SCG had least assisted the spinners..but with ICC taking care of pitch hope we get a true SCG pitch :)
Nah, the whole "SCG dustbowl" thing is so massively overstated. Hasn't really had that character in years now, and even back then it was seriously overplayed imo.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Talent isn't as crucial in a 50 over game as it is in a Test. In a Test, Australia are far and away superior but in a limited overs environment, all we need to do is either make 275 batting first, or restrict them to no more than 275. I think we *can* do both without seeming to be overly optimistic, based on current form. Just play the averages and play it old-school.

The most important thing while bowling is to eke out a couple of wickets before they get to 60-70 and get the spinners to start running through their quotas as soon as possible. That's our real strength in ODIs, the speed at which they do their work.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Australia favorites for mine.

The only thing I find problematic for the Aussies is their "brand of cricket". By this I mean stupidly trying to hit everything out of the park even if the situation tells them to consolidate and take it slow. If the Aussies can keep their heads (read as wickets) together to go all out in the last 20 overs I can't see India beating them. Glenn Maxwell's game is perfectly suited to the last 15 overs.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia favorites for mine.

The only thing I find problematic for the Aussies is their "brand of cricket". By this I mean stupidly trying to hit everything out of the park even if the situation tells them to consolidate and take it slow. If the Aussies can keep their heads (read as wickets) together to go all out in the last 20 overs I can't see India beating them. Glenn Maxwell's game is perfectly suited to the last 15 overs.
Apart from maybe Maxwell, no one really fits this description.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brad Haddin, Finch, Warner all of them fit this description.

Clarke and Smith the more measured heads in this team
Wouldn't agree with that at all. Finch has a terrible technique but he hardly tries to smash everything out of the park. Warner is aggressive but again, like Finch, is not someone who goes for everything. And Haddin is icing.

smash84

The Tiger King
what do you mean by icing?

Pardon my ignorance of the cake analogies but i haven't been following them.