• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't see the need for pessimism from Indian fans. India's best in the tournament so far has been better than what Australia have put out. If both teams play to current form, India are going through.
It's not so much about being the best than having a team composition which isn't good against certain teams. Would fancy Watson and Maxwell to really go after blokes like Jadeja and Raina and make hay in the middle overs. Also don't much fancy Dhawan against Starc first up.

Shri

Mr. Glass
left arm pace of wahab short? india dont have a single left armer in the attack. all medium fast right armers which wont threaten. shami & mohit 130kph, yadav is 135-140kph. not going to threaten the power packed aussie batting lineup which bats up to no.8 in haddin and which isnt threatened by spin either(clarke and smith, good use of the feet)
Shami is 140+. Yadav is 145+ when he cranks it up. Mohit is 135+. Still doesn't make a difference and doesn't refute what you said but have you even seen them bowl or are you imagining things?

TNT

Banned
The team has had all bases covered just in terms of overall composure and match reading ability. It's not an aesthetically pleasing side on the ground while bowling or fielding, but they look sharp and seem like they have their wits about them. These players are used to playing big games too, so I definitely think the Australians are going to be feeling more pressure on their home turf.
I have no problem with the abilities of India, but I also think you underestimate the Australians.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It's not so much about being the best than having a team composition which isn't good against certain teams. Would fancy Watson and Maxwell to really go after blokes like Jadeja and Raina and make hay in the middle overs. Also don't much fancy Dhawan against Starc first up.
We got de Villiers somehow in the league games and other SA wickets. We have got what it takes but we need certain conditions to bring that out in us. A little bit depends on the toss.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're going to bowl short to Watson the ****s. Dead certain.

Shami's got a sick, skiddy bouncer imo but it's only going to work as a surprise delivery.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will be watching the final with some of my oldest friends who I will be meeting after a long time. India better win this thing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
as opposed to david warner, steve smith, michael clarke, glenn maxwell, shane watson, brad haddin andjames faulkner

they wont drop finch, and if finch/warner broke a hand, they'd probably say "Watson has found a home in the middle order" or whatever rubbish and pick someone else to open, be it haddin, clarke or noted wildcard Mitch Marsh

Dude.. it was the response to a suggestion that Bailey should replace Finch. Pretty obvious I meant that between the two, Finch is the one who can hurt India more..

burr

State Vice-Captain
This world cup makes me feel old. First, realising the game has completely changed since last I delved into one day cricket (the strike rates and shots now make Gilchrist seem tame). Second, Darren Lehmann as coach. I have memories of him taking the catch (I think?) to win us the '03 world cup. It feels like only yesterday we were debating his merits on this forum. Anyway, an Aus v NZ final would be insane. Seriously hopes that the way it plays out.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Funnily enough, 1992 WC final is my oldest memory - England in a WC final? Surely that qualifies me as ancient...

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lehmann hit the winning runs in 99 and the final catch in 2003, I remember the 99 one more.

India has been excellent this World Cup, the XI really appear to work well together. Before the tournament started when they were trialling Binny, Axel and playing Ishant I really didn't foresee a semi, but this lineup is so settled and just so good that Australia really will need to play brilliantly to win.

Kind of gutted that both games are on a weekday, wondering if I should record the games and watch each ball when I get home, hmm

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I think Australia win this fairly easily tbh. Pitch will be a road and we will score big. India needs to score big and put pressure in a chase. That's the only way they can win it. A big chase to get to the final will ask some pretty big questions of our bats. Clarke and Smith to answer them though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
left arm pace of wahab short? india dont have a single left armer in the attack. all medium fast right armers which wont threaten. shami & mohit 130kph, yadav is 135-140kph. not going to threaten the power packed aussie batting lineup which bats up to no.8 in haddin and which isnt threatened by spin either(clarke and smith, good use of the feet)
factually inaccurate.

India have bowled short all tournament ftr (particularly during the PP). So if they bowl short to Australia it won't be anything new.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Australia and India have played 14 matches at SCG in ODIs till now. Australia won 12 and India 1. Match loaded heavily in favour of Australia. Iam surprised that with the spinning pitches S CG produce usually, India weren't able to win beyond one game at SCG.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
as much as i want india to go through, the aussies will win this...at home they are just that much better...

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
We won a CB series when we were neck to neck in terms of talent a few years back
more like 7 years ;P

But yeah that CB series was defo memorable, the Tendulkar special in the finals was awesome. But yeah gonna be really tough to win this match, honestly I just want it start and get it over with. The wait is killing me lol.

Dundalis

Cricket Spectator
I hope the Indian players don't have that mindset. Get behind your team mate. NZ had their worst batting display of the tournament and still got up despite an inconvenient tea break where the Aussie bowlers got a rest and NZ had to basically open their innings twice losing momentum. India can win this
Nice spin, doc. NZ had an easy target to reach and almost choked it away. I'm pretty sure Australia also had their worst batting display of the tournament.

India can win though. Anything can happen in a World Cup semi.