View Poll Results: Who will win this match?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

44 64.71%
  • India

24 35.29%
Page 4 of 174 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: 2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

International Debutant anil1405's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    This is 50/50 imo. The team that handles the pressure of the occasion will come out as winner
    Whichever way we look at it, the 'F' factor turns it in Aussies favour.

We're not favourites but don't understand the epic pessimism - how we're playing right now and how we played before the WC are different things.

It's a 60/40 thing in favour of Australia IMO but we definetly have the side to compete and I'll be disappointed if we lose. Death batting is huge and we need our cake to stay for the slog.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

I think a lot comes down to the kind of pitch that we play on, if there is even some grip and turn for the spinners then I'll be much more confident about our whole attack, If it's a flat wicket like the one in the SL-AUS game then it just becomes a shootout between batters and somehow I can't see India coming out on top of that one.

Oh and MS Dhoni hasn't lost a ICC semi-final yet as captain (yeah I'm clutching at the thinnest of straws) =D
    Last edited by Contra; 20-03-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    Shri likes this.

Heard the last time someone (SA?) played here, it turned a bit.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    yeah, this is by far the biggest challenge India will be facing in this tournament.
    And Australia too
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Yeah Australia are definitely favourites here but they're going to have to play at their best too. It's just likely that Australia will do well against us because we have the type of bowling Australia usually murder. Don't even think the pacers are the real problem. Think Jadeja's going to be destroyed.

Our only real hope is if we bat out of our ****ing skins because I'm resigned to the fact that Australia will score plenty.
    India played Ashwin for one match in the KOs in the 2011 WC. Maybe we could bring in Axar Patel for Jadeja for one game. Probably a stupid idea but Jadeja is going to get smashed for sure considering the form he is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    "Still waiting for bole trekking Marayyye". Keep Kumar up in the third umpires box please,its hilarious. Him almost screwing up a DRS referral a definite highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    India played Ashwin for one match in the KOs in the 2011 WC. Maybe we could bring in Axar Patel for Jadeja for one game. Probably a stupid idea but Jadeja is going to get smashed for sure considering the form he is in.
    The guy had 1 bad game against Zim which was a flat wicket for the spinners especially, Ashwin got pasted much the same. Jadeja's fielding + Batting (which no doubt we'll need against Australia) more than makes up for his arguably inferior bowling. Look, if it reaches a point where Jadeja's bowling is needed to help us win/make a difference the game then I'd say we're in trouble in any case. And again if the pitch turns even a little bit than Jadeja's bowling becomes more than useful, he becomes a genuine wicket taker if the ball grips. On absolute flat pitches yeah he's much worse than any other bowler but he's the one guy who benefits the most from favourable conditions.
    Last edited by Contra; 20-03-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Look, if it reaches a point where Jadeja's bowling is needed to help us win/make a difference the game then I'd say we're in trouble in any case.
    Look, thats bull**** because he is our fifth bowler. Any Tom, Dick or Harbhajan can take wickets if it grips, Patel has proven he can keep it tight even in Indian grounds, he might work in Sydney. I am not saying it will be the greatest call ever, just that its something to consider. I would probably pick Jadeja myself when it comes down to it. Just thinking out loud.

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    We're not favourites but don't understand the epic pessimism - how we're playing right now and how we played before the WC are different things.

It's a 60/40 thing in favour of Australia IMO but we definetly have the side to compete and I'll be disappointed if we lose. Death batting is huge and we need our cake to stay for the slog.
    Like I said though is there too much mental scarring in the team and they think they can't beat Australia in Australia at present. Soon find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post

Betfair says it's 69-31
    cricrate - follow twitter and facebook for updates

Quote Originally Posted by viriya View Post
    Betfair says it's 69-31
    Have money on India pre-WC and after the Pak game so it's fair to say I think there's a gambling edge to be made on India and I think that has thinned but not completely evaporated by this point.

Gob
    estraya got this
    Last edited by Gob; 20-03-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Cricket Spectator
    Would it be fair to say that the winner of this match will end up winning the world cup? New Zealand will struggle to play on grounds larger than tennis courts and SA will probably choke under pressure.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Really pumped for this - going along and after popping my ODI cherry with the SL-SA quarter, this game will hopefully be a bit more exciting.

Australia obviously favourites but India have surprised thus far in the tournament given their Australian tour, so who knows what will happen. Just hoping the selectors won't get funky and pick Doherty because it's at the SCG.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkut View Post
    Mayhem. Absolute mayhem.

India will have to play some extraordinary cricket.
    Simple answer, current champions india will win, kohli scores a century, shami takes 5 wickets, australians start crying
    Jimbo the giant likes this.

Page 4 of 174 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information