• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but I don't know what kind of excuse that is anyway. Pathetic if we outnumber the Aussie no matter what... Fill up yer own grounds dammit.
It is their ground too (referring to Aussie born Indian fans). They just choose to support the other team (like me obv).

The Aussie cricket team has not been able to obtain the same support of Australian born peeps with Indian heritage like NZ has. Probably because of the bad blood between the teams, and also because many of the under 30 Aussie borns grew up in the Sachin generation and wanted to support India because of him. If they buy tickets and choose to support India its not a fault of Australian cricket fans.

TNT

Banned
It is their ground too (referring to Aussie born Indian fans). They just choose to support the other team (like me obv).

The Aussie cricket team has not been able to obtain the same support of Australian born peeps with Indian heritage like NZ has. Probably because of the bad blood between the teams, and also because many of the under 30 Aussie borns grew up in the Sachin generation and wanted to support India because of him. If they buy tickets and choose to support India its not a fault of Australian cricket fans.
How did you come up with this, are there any hard statistics or is it just a wild guess.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How did you come up with this, are there any hard statistics or is it just a wild guess.
See pages 45 - 46 of the Australian Cricket Bureau of Statistics 2015 report on fan heritage.

nah obviously anecdotal and based on my experiences and talking to peeps like me. Put it this way, I've travelled to Eng and NZ to watch India play, and I've seen ****loads of Indian cricket matches in Aust and NZ stood out to me the most of having support among Indian fans compared to Eng and Aus.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

There's no way they should so heavily outnumber Australian born Aussie is my point.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair it is a working day so no surprise if the Aus support is outnumbered, regardless of the fact people over here are the most filthy of casuals and bandwagoners in the entire globe.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
For some reason, I and my Indian colleagues here in Japan are not that excited as much for this match as the NZ-SA match but the excitement is slowly building up. Come match day tomorrow, think it will.

anil1405

International Captain
For some reason, I and my Indian colleagues here in Japan are not that excited as much for this match as the NZ-SA match but the excitement is slowly building up. Come match day tomorrow, think it will.
Welcome to the club of many such cricket fans. We've witnessed once in a decade game (sort of) so its gonna take some time to come out of what we've witnessed.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i hope this one is a tight one so you bastards feel what we felt. i need you to be tortured.
australian fan with a heart like a motor during that nz game disagrees, i get that way for sports in general

except soccer

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Welcome to the club of many such cricket fans. We've witnessed once in a decade game (sort of) so its gonna take some time to come out of what we've witnessed.
I like this sentence and agree. I don't think I have ever seen a game like it.