• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Semi Final - Australia v India (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably a case for promoting Dhoni particularly given his lack of faith in his lower order?
Yep. 100% needed to come in before Raina

Rohit was doing the same role ...we didn't had one batsmen in red hot form coming into the WC it was a team effort no one was able to step up today ..other wise happy with the way they played ..toss was also crucial for us today
Disagree. Don't think the toss really was a factor before the game at all. We're generally equally comfortable chasing or setting. We just didn't bat well today.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Our bowling was actually really good in the tournament. Ishant Sharma would have added a bit but Mohit Sharma was a pretty good replacement for most of the tournament. Has improved quite a lot. While his pace still makes it easy at times on certain pitches, he is not bad at all. Our bowling levels are still a few notches below the likes of NZ, Aus and SA but there is a lot of promise here.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Probably a case for promoting Dhoni particularly given his lack of faith in his lower order?
Absolutely. I have been crying hoarse over it. Most of the times he comes in when the game is already lost. Or when his contributions won't make a difference i.e. last 5 overs

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Re the Kohli shot: Dhoni attempted a shot off a bouncer too which almost carried to Watson. It is just the way the players play. You see a shot and you go for and at times they don't come off.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Steve Smith was so amazing right from the start. Timed the ball so well. Was lovely to watch. I woke up and saw him bat, and I was loving the shots he was playing. He is just so good to watch.

OverratedSanity

Re the Kohli shot: Dhoni attempted a shot off a bouncer too which almost carried to Watson. It is just the way the players play. You see a shot and you go for and at times they don't come off.
Dwta. It was such poor execution. And it was because of all those dots Hazelwood dumped on his head. Pure pressure release shot.

indiaholic

International Captain
Our bowling was actually really good in the tournament. Ishant Sharma would have added a bit but Mohit Sharma was a pretty good replacement for most of the tournament. Has improved quite a lot. While his pace still makes it easy at times on certain pitches, he is not bad at all. Our bowling levels are still a few notches below the likes of NZ, Aus and SA but there is a lot of promise here.
Tbh I think we bowled better because Ishant was not there. Has to be a hugely demotivating factor when the so called leader of your attack is the worst bowler in the history of the game.

Zinzan

Quite incredible the different emotions for the 2 losing semi-finals skippers AB & Dhoni.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I don't think Dhoni will be retiring here. I think he had a decision to make between the 2019 World Cup and playing Tests for another three years or so, and he chose the 2019 WC. How I read into his original shock retirement anyway.
Will it really matter? 3 WCs, 0 100s and only 1 inning of note.

OverratedSanity

Quite incredible the different emotions for the 2 losing semi-finals skippers AB & Dhoni.
He's always a bit like that.

But I've felt over the last few months Dhoni has lost a tad bit of motivation. Something off about his body language...I'm possibly imagining things I dunno.

biased indian

International Coach
Yep. 100% needed to come in before Raina

Disagree. Don't think the toss really was a factor before the game at all. We're generally equally comfortable chasing or setting. We just didn't bat well today.
Our bowlers was good when defending against SA and Pak personally would have preferred the same.with a score on board you are always in the game with couple of quick wickets. prefer to defend in pressure games.