• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MOTS contenders

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Corey has been pretty impressive. Given that the award is given after the semis, I think one of Boult, Starc, and ABdV should get it.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Corey Anderson?

231 runs at 39 @ 110 SR
14 wickets at 16 @ 15 SR

Only weak point is his bowling economy.
As I said in the match thread, he'd have been favourite for shipping it if he was there till the end today. His numbers are very good, just needs a defining performance for him to win it. I think there is no one absolute standout performance (Sachin '03, Klusener '99) so the MOTS has a heavy chance of being from the winning team.

The 'If NZ win' MOTS selection is split pretty tensely between Guptill, who will win it if he tons up as he is also a few runs away from being top scorer of the WC, McCullum who has set the tone for this NZ side and has had massive balls both as a captain and a player, Boult who will most likely end up as highest wickettaker of the WC and CoreyJ who is definitely the allrounder of the WC, one of them putting in a MOTM performance in the final leading to an NZ win will win it.

If Australia wins, Starc will most likely win it even if he is merely very good as opposed to invincible in these two games unless someone like McCullum puts in an ATG performance of his life in a losing cause.

Anyone from India is a far longer shot and would require one of Kohli/Dhawan/Shami to put in a top two players in the ODI performance in two consecutive games.

Starc at this point is the single most likely contender IMO as Australia have about as much chance as NZ to win it and Aus top performer is far more obvious at this point.

Two games, specifically when they are the semi and the final can change a lot of things though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd go for Boult but would understand if it went to Starc. Ironic that we had a thread about who would be the better player a couple of years ago and they are the best bowlers in the next world cup.

Burgey

Starc would be filthy he missed the Bangladesh game. On form he'd hsve taken a trolley full

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Surely, it's just between Starc and Boult. Whoever influences the final more should get it.

Glad to see bowlers leading the contention for MOS.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Boult with 14 maidens, next best is 7?
Yeah can put this down to Boult's excellence with the new ball. The fact that Starc still has a superior overall record in every category besides wickets taken shows how he's been the better bowler so far.

OverratedSanity

Yeah, Starc's the frontrunner. A big performance in the final will seal it for me. Don't know when the actual decision is made though.... 10-15 overs before the end I think.

nevermind

U19 Debutant
Kinda want it to go to McCullum, even though he's not really in the running.
Agree, his contributions don't stand out on paper as much as others, but his impact can't be measured on stats alone. I thought the innings the other night was a prime example and in a lot of ways it was just as much a match-winning performance as Elliott's (if not more so). What a leader, what a guy.

Last edited: