• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

MOTS contenders

Ferraz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Jayasuriya got announced MotS before the final, and since Klusener didn't even play the final, he probably did too.
Definitely remember whilst watching the '99 final, the comms were saying that Klusener was asked to remain for the final. Guess it was "decided" that he would get it, but wasn't made public before the final.

burr

State Vice-Captain
It depends on how the final games run out but Starc has been the man of the tournament in the sense you went in aware of him and came out completely transformed about his impact on cricket (at least I did). We all knew Sanga was a great. Starc's been a revelation.

Also, not MOTS, but if Watson has a good final couple of games this will be the crowning achievement of his career, considering how little he's achieved to date.

Eclipse

International Debutant
It depends on how the final games run out but Starc has been the man of the tournament in the sense you went in aware of him and came out completely transformed about his impact on cricket (at least I did). We all knew Sanga was a great. Starc's been a revelation.

Also, not MOTS, but if Watson has a good final couple of games this will be the crowning achievement of his career, considering how little he's achieved to date.
If we're talking ODI's then Watson has nearly 6000 runs at an average of 40.7 and a strike rate of 90. He also has 166 wickets at 31 each.

Those figures are a pretty good achievement. Not to mention he played very well in the last World Cup Australia won.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Watson has had a top ODI career. People even considered him in their ATXI.

Burgey

TPC rightfully coming into contention with three 50s on the bounce.

Think it'll be a bowler though. Starc or Boult are my tips unless de Villiers goes de Villiers in the semi and final.

Burgey

I do love that Australia and new zealand are both considered the favourites and yet the only batsman in the top 20 from those countries is Warner.

Meanwhile they are dominating the top wicket takers list. Though for australia it's mostly starc while it's a team effort from new zealand.

Shows how important bowling still is.
You know NZ has chased an awful lot and Aus had played one less game than the other teams?

OverratedSanity

Mohammad 'better than Southee' Shami

If we're talking ODI's then Watson has nearly 6000 runs at an average of 40.7 and a strike rate of 90. He also has 166 wickets at 31 each.

Those figures are a pretty good achievement. Not to mention he played very well in the last World Cup Australia won.
Also won Australia the 2009 champions trophy. Played a brilliant knock in the final.

viriya

International Captain
Corey Anderson?

231 runs at 39 @ 110 SR
14 wickets at 16 @ 15 SR

Only weak point is his bowling economy.