• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd place play-off

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As far as I'm aware these have never been a part of the Cricket World Cup, but they're always a fixture in the football and rugby equivalents. Should there be one?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, a silly concept and one that only tradition has sustained in Football. Cricket should avoid it like the plague.

GGG

State Captain
yeah nah, it only really works if something is up for stakes besides the title of 3rd.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't know what kind of motivation a team losing semi final would have to play a third place play off that no one gives a flying **** about. Absolutely unnecessary.

TNT

Banned
Who would watch that, tickets to the match would have to be free and include drinks and food.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As far as I'm aware these have never been a part of the Cricket World Cup, but they're always a fixture in the football and rugby equivalents. Should there be one?
Nah, I mean in football though it's empty it's actually often a very good game as all the tension is removed and teams go balls to the wall. Over 100 overs I couldn't see it being anything other than flat.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who would watch that, tickets to the match would have to be free and include drinks and food.
Haha. Surely more people would watch and pay to see this then a random ODI match when the series is already decided.

I'm against having the match, but I would watch the game still.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
When people say what format they'd use for the WC a common one is a plate tournament for the sides eliminated early

How embarassing would that have been for us

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
The rugby ones inevitably suck, as it's impossible for the teams playing to psych themselves up for them. I'd support one if and only if there was something at stake, like direct qualification to the next tournament for the winner. And that doesn't make any sense for cricket anyway.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Amla would score a million runs to emerge as the tournament top scorer while Phillander also gets a fifer in this game