• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are English fans rooting for?

Who are English fans rooting for to win the world cup?

• New Zealand

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • India

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Australia

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • South Africa

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • West Indies

• Can't give a **** (understandable)

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I am a non English fan troll

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
In the footie World Cup my side went out in the groups and the side I passed my support to won the thing. The Kiwis have won that honour this time.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't really care, but here in the order I don't want to win

Oz
South Africa (oh it's still funny to see them choke all the time, then see all the saffie supporters say how they didn't actually choke)
Kiwis (unacceptable that they should have a World Cup when we don't)
India (jono)
West Indies
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
Bangladesh
Cancel it for the farce it is, so the likes of Gayle and Dhoni can go to their one true love, the utterly corrupt IPL early.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting at this stage none of the English are supporting the other members of the big 3 after the tripartite agreement and ICC coup. No honour among thieves?

PS Considering the WC is being held in NZ and Australia you might want to change the wording in the question. The 'r' word has a different meaning in the lands downunder.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Litigation, mainly.

Johnny foreigner seems to have forgotten the fact that we invented this game. England by any reasonable stretch of the imagination owns the legal rights to the cricketing laws, equipment and most importantly, lexicon. Good luck playing your stupid quarter finals without 'wickets', 'overs', or 'batsmen'. Good luck playing without stumps. WE INVENTED STUMPS. If England can't play any more then it's only fair for us to take our stuff home with us, and the rest of you will be sitting there in the playground wishing you hadn't made us bring mum to get our ball back.

tatsuro185

Cricket Spectator
Litigation, mainly.

Johnny foreigner seems to have forgotten the fact that we invented this game. England by any reasonable stretch of the imagination owns the legal rights to the cricketing laws, equipment and most importantly, lexicon. Good luck playing your stupid quarter finals without 'wickets', 'overs', or 'batsmen'. Good luck playing without stumps. WE INVENTED STUMPS. If England can't play any more then it's only fair for us to take our stuff home with us, and the rest of you will be sitting there in the playground wishing you hadn't made us bring mum to get our ball back.
LOL! Best thing ive read for awhile

brockley

International Captain
Up unto Ireland got knocked out,i would have said probably Ireland.

Given the unpopularity of India and Australia,i'd say least barracked for.And South Africa low as well.
But I'd assume they are now thinking of the West Indies tour and County cricket.Seeing how popular those threads are.
Are they thinking of England vs Ireland,nope thats why the selectors are sending a second string side to play Ireland.