• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Quarter Final - Australia v Pakistan (20th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spark

Global Moderator
Crazy that Aus are 36% to win the whole thing right now compared to SA's 25% on Betfair when you consider that Aus have to win 3 more games and SA only 2.
yeah, it's almost as if they think aus are the better team or something

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I reckon Pakistan's best chance is squeezing us in a chase.
Yeah would probably agree. Pakistan would almost certainly **** up a target, unless they're able to skittle us like New Zealand did. If they are to win, their best hope is to get a solid target and then get a couple of key wickets to leave Australia looking edgy. Particularly given we haven't chased much this World Cup.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure, I'd think Pakistan's strength is defending targets with their pace attack, but in order to do that they have to set a target, which I think is unlikely. I can't imagine them chasing down anything meaningful either, not under pressure against Starc and co.

So basically I don't think the toss will matter too much to them; the bowlers have to play blinders (especially at the death) and hope the batsmen do enough to get them through.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not sure, I'd think Pakistan's strength is defending targets with their pace attack, but in order to do that they have to set a target, which I think is unlikely. I can't imagine them chasing down anything meaningful either, not under pressure against Starc and co.

So basically I don't think the toss will matter too much to them; the bowlers have to play blinders (especially at the death) and hope the batsmen do enough to get them through.
What you're basically saying here isn't quite that the toss doesn't matter, you're saying that they're not good enough for the toss to matter (i.e. they'll get smashed anyway), which is not quite the same thing.

smash84

The Tiger King
What you're basically saying here isn't quite that the toss doesn't matter, you're saying that they're not good enough for the toss to matter (i.e. they'll get smashed anyway), which is not quite the same thing.
haha, yeah. The conclusion doesn't match the argument but the conclusion is true :p

howardj

International Coach
Hate how people during this World Cup have been falling back into the old lazy description of Pakistan being enigmatic or wildly unpredictible

They're pretty crap out here in Australia in these conditions, and have been for years

The only thing unpredictible about them is whether they'll get towelled up by 50 runs or 100 runs

Enigmatic? Unpredictible? Very lazy, outdated commentary

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Despite Pak's recent good form I am doubtful of their chances against Oz, especially with Irfan out. Money is on Oz.