• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post Group Stage Predictions

Teja.

Global Moderator
One more chance to get it right

Winners: India
Runners Up: NZ
Semi finalists:Australia, Sri Lanka
Leading run scorer: Sangakkara
Leading wicket taker: Shami
Player of the Final: Kohli
Random prediction: KW, Kohli to ton up at least once each in the KOs. Incredible KO stage with multiple great matches.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Winners: India
Runners Up: Sri Lanka
Semi finalists:Australia, NZ
Leading run scorer: Kohli
Leading wicket taker: Shami
Player of the Final: Kohli
Random prediction: Mathews to miss the finals and Dhoni to hit a six to win the whole thing agai.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Winner: India
Runner-Up: New Zealand
Semi Finalist: (Loser to India) Australia, (Loser to New Zealand) South Africa

Is the leading run scorer and wicket taker in here only for knock out matches?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weird so many Indian fans think India will beat Aust (assuming they meet in the semi), considering they didn't beat them all season. I get India have improved since the tri- series, but it's not like Aust suddenly look any weaker.

Wonder if they genuinely think that or more a case of wishful thinking.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Weird so many Indian fans think India will beat Aust (assuming they meet in the semi), considering they didn't beat them all season. I get India have improved since the tri- series, but it's not like Aust suddenly look any weaker.
Predictions are rarely completely objective though, I'm sure its done more in hope than with any degree of conviction, I would have done the same, and it's not like there are any real prizes for getting any of these predictions right.

I do agree that Australia still massive favs come the semis if both teams do indeed meet, the game being at the SCG (which I think is where they would play?) might favour India ever so slightly, but even then Australia's batting depth is incredible. Batting first and putting on 300-330 would be the most realistic chance for India to win IMO. Can't see us chasing against Aus personally.

Zinzan

Predictions are rarely completely objective though, I'm sure its done more in hope than with any degree of conviction, I would have done the same, and it's not like there are any real prizes for getting any of these predictions right.

I do agree that Australia still massive favs come the semis if both teams do indeed meet, the game being at the SCG (which I think is where they would play?) might favour India ever so slightly, but even then Australia's batting depth is incredible. Batting first and putting on 300-330 would be the most realistic chance for India to win IMO. Can't see us chasing against Aus personally.
I can see India's batting coping with Australia's bowling on a good day, even though it's an excellent attack, India's batting is that good.

The problem for India is I just can't however see their bowling restricting this Australian batting line-up..they just bat too deep for me, even if India did manage some early wickets with the new ball.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I can see India coping with Australia's bowling on a good day, even though it's an excellent attack, India's batting is that good.

I just can't however see India's bowling restricted this Australian batting line-up..they just bat too deep for me, even if India did manage some early wickets with the new ball.
That's why I'd prefer India batted first if Dhoni were to win the toss (which I feel he won't do sadly). Scoreboard pressure in a KO game with the ball turning a bit (hopefully) and I can see us causing some problems, if Australia are just allowed to bat with freedom which they would if they were to bat first It's pretty much GG.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Home crowd booing the home team would be great in a WC final. Because we are legion. Every cricket stadium in the world belongs to us.

Flem274*

123/5
if we get 40,000 opposition fans in a home semi i'l use it as conclusive proof we should annex auckland from new zealand.

Burgey

NZ will play Aus in the final. Aus will beat India in the semi, NZ will beat SA in the other.

I predicted NZ to win the thing a couple of months back so I'll stick with that. I care less about that game than I do about the imperative of Australia bending over India in the semi just to taste the tears of all the fans on here who go slightly nuts when their team wins two games after 18 months of mediocrity.