• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post Group Stage Predictions

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Winners: Australia
Runners Up: NZ
Semi finalists: India, South Africa
Leading run scorer: Sangakkara
Leading wicket taker: Boult
Player of the Final: Starc
Random prediction: Dhoni to stay stranded against Australia failing to win the game after coming very close.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Winners: New Zealand
Runners Up: India
Semi finalists: Australia, South Africa
Leading run scorer: McCullum
Leading wicket taker: Boult
Player of the Final: McCullum
Random prediction: Twatto to get hit in the balls by an Ashwin off spinner and the Indian segment of the SCG (i.e. the whole ground) to cheer

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aus v NZ
India, Sri Lanka
Smith most runs
Starc most wickets

someone from cw takes a tui catch

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Winners: Aus
Runners up: NZ
Semis: Aus, NZ, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka

Going out on a limb. I think Bangladesh might even run Australia close in the semis.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
NZ will play Aus in the final. Aus will beat India in the semi, NZ will beat SA in the other.

I predicted NZ to win the thing a couple of months back so I'll stick with that. I care less about that game than I do about the imperative of Australia bending over India in the semi just to taste the tears of all the fans on here who go slightly nuts when their team wins two games after 18 months of mediocrity.

Dude, India hold both the ICC Champions trophy and the World Cup. It doesn't matter nearly as much - after the past 18 months, most fans would be very happy with a semi-final. Obviously everyone wants their team to win, but no one objectively thought at the beginning they would actually win it.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
AWTA, most of us had pegged India for a SF exist this time, so it wouldn't be much of a let down.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
I predicted NZ to win the thing a couple of months back so I'll stick with that. I care less about that game than I do about the imperative of Australia bending over India in the semi just to taste the tears of all the fans on here who go slightly nuts when their team wins two games after 18 months of mediocrity.
Someone too salty on how the WC have turned out so far!:laugh:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the expection for India to win this WC was far less than it was in 2011. We were almost destined to win that one with it being Sachin's final tournament and playing at home etc.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Is any knock out matches sold out yet already?

Guessing MCG, Adelaide & Cake Tin already has.
There are still a couple hundred of the most expensive tickets to be sold at the Cake Tin. Fortunately I booked mine a couple of months back.

Winners: Australia
Runners Up: South Africa
Semi finalists: New Zealand, India
Leading run scorer: de Villiers
Leading wicket taker: Starc
Player of the Final: Starc
Random prediction: Me to take a one-handed crowd catch on the one day I don't bother bringing my Tui shirt.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Winner: India
Runner-Up: New Zealand
Semi Finalist: (Loser to India) Australia, (Loser to New Zealand) South Africa
Leading Run Scorer: AB De Villiers
Leading Wicket Taker: T Boult
Player of the Final: A Rahane
Random Prediction: India takes 90 wickets in the tournament (aka bowls out every opposition it faces)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually, an India/NZ final has the makings of a ridiculously good game of cricket.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Winner: SA
Runner-up: Australia
Semifinalists: NZ, India
Run scorer: Amla
Wicket taker: Ashwin
Player of the Final: Amla
Random Prediction: SL to go with more than twenty overs of spin vs SA

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
if we get 40,000 opposition fans in a home semi i'l use it as conclusive proof we should annex auckland from new zealand.
tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es. 1. To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.

I used to use it the wrong way round to until I took history and there is plenty of annexing in history books

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There are still a couple hundred of the most expensive tickets to be sold at the Cake Tin. Fortunately I booked mine a couple of months back.
Got mine a year ago - don't know where i am going with that comment, just sharing.