• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World XI team

halba

International 12th Man
On current form this would be the world XI

T. Dilshan
S. Dhawan
Kumar Sangakarra(wkt)
AB De villiers+ captain
Glenn Maxwell
Corey Anderson(all rounder)
Shakib al Hassan(all rounder)
Daniel Vettori
Morne Morkel
Mitchell Starc
Trent Boult

2nd XI

david warner
Hashim Amla
Virat Kohli
mahmdullah
rilee rossouw
james faulkner(all rounder)
brendon mccullum(wkt)
r. ashwin
kyle abbott
m. shami
tim southee

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I thought they all sucked though?

Also McCullum @ 7 and wicketkeeping isn't a thing.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Dilshan (6)
2. Dhawan
3. Sangakkara +
4. Kohli
5. de Villiers (8)
6. Maxwell (7)
7. Shakib (5)
8. Vettori (4)
9. Starc (3)
10. Southee (1)
11. Boult (2)

1. McCullum
2. Warner
3. Taylor, B +
4. Mahmudullah (7)
5. Shaiman
6. Mathews (3)
7. Anderson, C (6)
8. Davey (5)
9. Ashwin (4)
10. Morkel (1)
11. Shami (2)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
McCullum is a must to make the best XI IMO. The best team has great batsman, you might as well pick someone who is the fastest scorer as this team isn't getting out within 50 overs often.

1. McCullum
2. Dhawan
3. Sangakkara
4. Kohli
5. de Villiers
6. Maxwell
7. Mathews
8. Vettori
9. Starc
10. Morkel
11. Boult

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McCullum is a must to make the best XI IMO. The best team has great batsman, you might as well pick someone who is the fastest scorer as this team isn't getting out within 50 overs often.

1. McCullum
2. Dhawan
3. Sangakkara
4. Kohli
5. de Villiers
6. Maxwell
7. Mathews
8. Vettori
9. Starc
10. Morkel
11. Boult
Mathews and Kohli are interesting calls.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mathews and Kohli are interesting calls.
Thank you.

i don't understand Virat Jono as an interesting call, he is clearly a star.

Mathews was the hardest selection. I just don't think Shakib is even close to being useful enough with the bat in this teams setup and his bowling while IMO clearly better then Mathews, isn't as important either with Vettori already in my team. I nearly went for Faulkner, and Anderson deserves consideration too.

morgieb

Thank you.

i don't understand Virat Jono as an interesting call, he is clearly a star.

Mathews was the hardest selection. I just don't think Shakib is even close to being useful enough with the bat in this teams setup and his bowling while IMO clearly better then Mathews, isn't as important either with Vettori already in my team. I nearly went for Faulkner, and Anderson deserves consideration too.
I just don't think Virat has done enough to make the XI, granted that hasn't entirely been his fault.

we're yorkshire

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

1. McCullum
2. Dhawan
3. Sangakkara
4. Kohli
5. de Villiers
6. Maxwell
7. Mathews
8. Vettori
9. Starc
10. Morkel
11. Boult
I would go this but with Ashwin instead of Vettori

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I tend to think "current form" is a poor predictor of short to medium term (and obviously long-term) performance, at least for batting. If I was trying to pick the best ODI side possible to play a game tomorrow, I'd roll with:

1. Amla
2. Dilshan
3. Sangakkara
4. Kohli
5. de Villiers
6. Mathews
7. Dhoni
8. Starc
9. Vettori
10. Steyn
11. Boult

I've picked Boult almost purely on what he's sending down now but the rest have a body of work behind them that'd make me more confident than having slapped a couple of tons in the last two games or what have you. I'd definitely be open to leaving out Amla, Dilshan or Steyn... McCullum, Williamson and Morkel would be potential replacements for those guys, more form-based.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
just shows how many quality players there are when Williamson can't even make the second XI
The issue here is with NZ not batting to set up big totals. We've bowled first and bowled our opponents out cheaply. End result is we didn't need Williamson to score big. Having said that he has been consistent throughout the tournament and only has one failure against Bang.

Zinzan

I tend to think "current form" is a poor predictor of short to medium term (and obviously long-term) performance, at least for batting. If I was trying to pick the best ODI side possible to play a game tomorrow, I'd roll with:

1. Amla
2. Dilshan
3. Sangakkara
4. Kohli
5. de Villiers
6. Mathews
7. Dhoni
8. Starc
9. Vettori
10. Steyn
11. Boult

I've picked Boult almost purely on what he's sending down now but the rest have a body of work behind them that'd make me more confident than having slapped a couple of tons in the last two games or what have you. I'd definitely be open to leaving out Amla, Dilshan or Steyn... McCullum, Williamson and Morkel would be potential replacements for those guys, more form-based.
Intuitively & at first glance it looks short on Australians, but at a closer look, it's difficult to argue too much against that XI.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

1. McCullum
2. Dhawan
3. Sangakkara
4. Kohli
5. de Villiers
6. Maxwell
7. Mathews
8. Vettori
9. Starc
10. Morkel
11. Boult
Indeed - Brendon would be the first Kiwi I would pick and may not pick Dan due to his batting (bangladesh game notwithstanding)

Zinzan

Indeed - Brendon would be the first Kiwi I would pick and may not pick Dan due to his batting (bangladesh game notwithstanding)
Just do what PEWS did and bat Vettori below Starc. But he does have to make the side, I mean what other spinner/slow bowler would you have instead?