• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

42nd Match - Ireland v Pakistan (15th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 42nd Match of the World Cup between Ireland and Pakistan (Adelaide Oval).

Niall

International Coach
Totally the wrong time for Ireland to be playing Pakistan, if they had met them after they were trashed by India and West Indies when confidence was at rock bottom, they would have a huge chance,but this weekend, their chances are at best minimal. Pakistan have a few players firing for once, the quick bowlers are all in form, and Ireland's bowling is getting exposed more brutally as the competition progresses.

Ireland need to bring in Young or Chase, Thompson was an incredibly boring choice last game.

anil1405

International Captain
Their bowling is crap so whatever they post in first innings might be chased down. Kinda tricky situation for Ireland but they would most likely opt to chase I guess.

smash84

The Tiger King
everybody and their grandma knows that Pakistan are **** at chasing. Anything over 250 from ireland in the first innings and they are favorites.

If I were Ireland I sure as hell would try to put Pakistan under pressure (where they usually crumble)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
everybody and their grandma knows that Pakistan are **** at chasing. Anything over 250 from ireland in the first innings and they are favorites.

If I were Ireland I sure as hell would try to put Pakistan under pressure (where they usually crumble)
boycott approves

Midwinter

State Captain
At last the game of the tournament that we have all been waiting for.

Pakistan were always going to get better as the tournament progressed.

But this is really all about Ireland, are they good enough ?.

Hope they are.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So yeah, If Ireland do get up marginally against Pakistan (to get 8 points and cement 3rd place) and the West indies marginally over the UAE, then it may well mean Pakistan qualify 4th ahead of the Windies making it a NZ/Pak quarter final.

Rotkohl

Cricket Spectator
Not just the QF place for ireland but possibly the future of associate nations in subsequent world cups rests on this game

No pressure boys :unsure:

Flem274*

123/5
ireland have to chase. nick the openers off early with mooney medium swingers, strangle them with dockrell and chase down whatever below par total they set.

smash84

The Tiger King
ireland should bat first and try to set something close to 300 imo. No matter how docile the pitch and bowling, pakistan will fold