• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

42nd Match - Ireland v Pakistan (15th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajdude

International Coach
took me a while there to realise that sarfraz wasn't in fact an extremely brisk speaker of english.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointing performance from Ireland today, but they can still head home with their heads high.

andmark

International Captain
Solid performance from Pakistan.

Great WC from the associates particularly from Ireland and Afghanistan. Hopefully they can both kick on and continue to develop.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good tournament Ireland, made it lots of fun.

Pakistan should go into the Australian match with some confidence. They are huge underdogs but they need to not be ****heads and take their chances.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan media is always bringing up theories that akmal brothers are anti sarfraz and delibratley try to corner him had umer not let sarfraz get the ton they would have had a field day in the end sarfraz letting umer getting the winning runs was good play aswell may come across as selfis cricket to the neutrals but you have to understand the pakistan team dynamics

Xuhaib

International Coach
I would have preferred Nz instead of aus think we are a better chance on smaller Nz grounds anyways beggers cannot be choosers our bad start insured we face one of the two hot favs in the quarters

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Nice one. Feel really sad for Ireland, and I hope that they get Test Status now because they fully deserve it. Plus it would be good for Ireland and Pak if we tour and play regular series with them.

I'm not too bothered about facing Australia because all the teams are now going to be tough to beat so it doesn't matter who you face.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Congrats to Pakistan on a comfortable win and moving to the next round. Shame for Ireland, they played some good cricket in the round and I believe they deserved to go through ahead of the WIndies who have been awful..

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Congrats to Pakistan on a comfortable win and moving to the next round. Shame for Ireland, they played some good cricket in the round and I believe they deserved to go through ahead of the WIndies who have been awful..
Yeah I'm not usually one to talk about who deserved it more, but I genuinely feel bad Ireland lost out to WI who have been very subpar.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I'm not usually one to talk about who deserved it more, but I genuinely feel bad Ireland lost out to WI who have been very subpar.
Both finished on six points, right? But Ireland finished lower on NRR. Some competitions would have the primary differentiator in a pool where you play every other team being the result of the match between the two level teams, with something like NRR being the clincher in the situation where you have 3 teams tied where each team had lost to one of the others.

Seems a bit off that West Indies progress despite losing to the team in 5th place.

C'est la vie. Ireland were a little bit disappointing. Their bowling line up didn't have enough fire power in the later overs, and unfortunately some of their batting stars aren't getting any younger. I wonder how much difference someone like Murtagh would have made to their prospects?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Both finished on six points, right? But Ireland finished lower on NRR. Some competitions would have the primary differentiator in a pool where you play every other team being the result of the match between the two level teams, with something like NRR being the clincher in the situation where you have 3 teams tied where each team had lost to one of the others.

Seems a bit off that West Indies progress despite losing to the team in 5th place.

C'est la vie. Ireland were a little bit disappointing. Their bowling line up didn't have enough fire power in the later overs, and unfortunately some of their batting stars aren't getting any younger. I wonder how much difference someone like Murtagh would have made to their prospects?
Should ve made quite a difference. With the current bowling line up, Ireland didn't deserve to be in the quarters. But with Rankin and Murtagh opening the bowling in an ideal scenario for Ireland, they could have gone into the quarters.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's quite a miracle and a testament to the **** cricket WI and Pakistan played that they even had a shot at the QF with that bowling attack.

Flem274*

123/5
west indies should be going home. ooh whoopie you beat up Zimbabwe death bowling and other minnows to h4x your NRR, go you.

Niall

International Coach
Should ve made quite a difference. With the current bowling line up, Ireland didn't deserve to be in the quarters. But with Rankin and Murtagh opening the bowling in an ideal scenario for Ireland, they could have gone into the quarters.
They were to defensive with their bowling choices. Young and Chase were no certs to do anything, but at the very least Young who had done very well before the campaign should have been tried at least once.

The selection of Thompson's, deciding factor was he he could bat. Eh, Dockrell, Mooney and Cusack all could hold a bat.

To many all rounders sadly.