• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

42nd Match - Ireland v Pakistan (15th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smash84

The Tiger King
well, Ireland really have the opportunity to turn on the screws here. If Pakistan don't restrict Ireland under 200, this could get extremely tricky.

As much as I want Pakistan to progress but at the back of my mind I have this nagging feeling that they just don't deserve to progress to the next round. Ireland the more deserving team in this WC.

Niall

International Coach
Ireland are one of the few sides Pakistan would be comfortable with chasing a total to be fair.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
well, Ireland really have the opportunity to turn on the screws here. If Pakistan don't restrict Ireland under 200, this could get extremely tricky.

As much as I want Pakistan to progress but at the back of my mind I have this nagging feeling that they just don't deserve to progress to the next round. Ireland the more deserving team in this WC.
Nah its pretty simple, the winner of this game (whoever it is) deserves to go through.

Niall

International Coach
should yasir have been played today?
Did you see how Ireland played spin the other day against India? Bloody awful.

Wilson to be fair is the only one who is exposed to decent spin at a regular basis as the Oval can turn where he plays.

He is probably good enough to get in for his fielding tbh.

Astounded that Thompson is playing today, he is awful, Mc Brine is decent and he is the type of bowler that Pakistan could inexplicably collapse to.

smash84

The Tiger King
Did you see how Ireland played spin the other day against India? Bloody awful.

Wilson to be fair is the only one who is exposed to decent spin at a regular basis as the Oval can turn where he plays.

He is probably good enough to get in for his fielding tbh.

Astounded that Thompson is playing today, he is awful, Mc Brine is decent and he is the type of bowler that Pakistan could inexplicably collapse to.
But Pakistan can make use of Haris Sohail and Afridi if spin really has to be used against the irish.