• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

41st Match - United Arab Emirates v West Indies (15th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
p.s. how ****ing funny would it be if the windies needed 10 to win and then they took that 45 minute lunch break only for the cyclone to arrive?
Would be, although Pam isn't forecast to come through until late in the evening, if not early tomorrow morning. If this game was scheduled 24 hours later the Windies would have been well & truly screwed.

Flem274*

123/5
Would be, although Pam isn't forecast to come through until late in the evening, if not early tomorrow morning. If this game was scheduled 24 hours later the Windies would have been well & truly screwed.
i just saw a headline which said gisbourne will be hit very shortly. got my hopes up.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Didn't see this coming at 46/6. Has a side ever lost the top 6 for single figure scores and no.7 and no.8 go on to make half centuries in a world cup game before?

Zinzan

So according to my calculations;

If UAE can get to 200 & the Windies knock them off in the 35th over, that will push the Windies overall NRR to -0.137 which would move them ahead Pakistan's -0.194, meaning Pakistan will be definitely be out if they lose to Ireland.

Zinzan

Any small amount of anxiety I had about facing West Indies in the knockouts is pretty much gone.
Wish I could say the same. I rate us to beat them 7-8 out of 10 times....but wouldn't put it past the Windies to play a gem against us, especially if we're really tense and nervous & they're nice and relaxed knowing there's no real expectations on them. At least a team like Pakistan still do have quite a bit of expectation ( fairly or not) on them from their fans, but one feels the Windies have few backing them.

Very dangerous side in a one-off.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel Holder could have taken a little bit of rest before bowling himself out, 10 overs on the trot probably meant that he might have lost a bit of intensity in the final few overs. Possibly making him not as threatening as he could have been.

Anyways 2 more wickets to get then. Should get taylor on now to finish the tail off.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno, they have internal problems and the slightest bit of pressure causes them to crumble. We should be confident of smashing them like England and I reckon McCullum will instil this in the team as well.

Zinzan

Agree, but don't forget the English game wasn't a knock-out & also England rarely play in a relaxed manner themselves.

Like you I hope the McHesson gang stress to the players that they should just enjoy the occasion and just concentrate on what they've been doing...but as we know, knockouts do funny things to the mind and body, even when you get all the best psychology advice in the world.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see what you mean, but if we lose to the Windies it will be because we played atrocious cricket, because there's no way can they beat us if we're playing at even 80%. If we choke against a scrub team in the quarters we don't deserve to win the tournament anyway.

Zinzan

I see what you mean, but if we lose to the Windies it will be because we played atrocious cricket, because there's no way can they beat us if we're playing at even 80%. If we choke against a scrub team in the quarters we don't deserve to win the tournament anyway.
Not necessarily, they have enough potential match-winners to play out of their skins on a really good day without us playing atrociously imo.

I do tend to agree with your earlier point though that if we get them under pressure early on, I could see the capitulating, but on the flip-side if Gayle gets some luck early on and they start to believe - watch out. I don't think it will be in between though, I can see them either being absolutely brilliant or collapsing into a heap.

Last edited: