• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

40th Match - Australia v Scotland (14th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 40th Match of the World Cup between Australia and Scotland (Bellerive Oval, Hobart).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Such a bizarre thing for him to do. He's been around for ages and I would have thought he'd know better than that.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is he wrong? Genuine question.

EDIT: Was a dumb tweet regardless.
Yes he is, completely and utterly. He's not the first player to be dropped whether or not they deserved it. Pulling out the old "It's not my fault, everyone is just racist" card was just really, really stupid.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's hard to understand why he was dropped though. It must have been something non-performance related.

Riggins

International Captain
Off the field he's never been a guy who puts in the hard yards in anything other than his bowling.

Camo999

State 12th Man
They were always going to give some of the rest of the squad a game or two at some stage. Maj was unlucky to miss out v SL. I don't doubt that at times in his long career he may have felt like he was an outsider or in the minority. On this occasion he was frustrated and probably made a mistake with his tweet. He missed the SL game but to send him home, I believe is a massive overreaction.

Unfortunately he won't be looping them down against Australia and the one advantage Scotland had - spin bowling - will not be present. Very pleased that Michael Leask will get some game time though. He's the type of guy who could get some T20 franchise interest with the way he plays. More a batsman than a spin bowler though I reckon.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised to see Aust won the toss and bowled. Thought they'd want to give their batsmen a full 50 overs. Is there rain around?