• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

40th Match - Australia v Scotland (14th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone know what the cut-off time is in terms of getting back on the field?

morgieb

ICC really needs extra days in the event of rain in all matches rather than just the finals.

Completely unfair that we'll have to play South Africa > New Zealand in New Zealand to make the final because it rained against two minmows.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Another thing, perhaps it'd be better to compare two teams tied in a pool with Points>Less number of matches lost>etc etc?

Rather than matches won?

Zinzan

ICC really needs extra days in the event of rain in all matches rather than just the finals.

Completely unfair that we'll have to play South Africa > New Zealand in New Zealand to make the final because it rained against two minmows.
Tbf, surely more a case of just really rotten luck. I mean who would even write a script that there'd be wash-outs against two of the weaker teams (not quite calling Bangers a minnow :P)

Anyway, sounds like it's cleared up if that tweet is anything to go by.

Edit: Plus it would be a logistical nightmare to have reserve days for all the 40 preliminary games, just wouldn't work without stretching the tournament out by another couple of weeks with travel plans having to be pushed out.

Last edited:

Burgey

No coincidence that the two games where weather has intervened are the two Hillbilly, backwater, spud-filled cities in Australia.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Considering how long the group stage has gone for (far too long IMO) and the number of days between matches for teams I would have thought you might as well just have reserve days.

Are there reserve days for the quarters/semis/final?

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Surely I'm allowed a free pass on former Young Liberal Burgey though. :p People have shots at me all the time without me having said anything yet and I cop it sweet; it's friendly banter.
People take shots at you because your political views are insane.

Riggins

International Captain
Just watching the replay now. Brett Lee is actually a decent commentator when away from the channel nine tossers. Him talking about improving bowling speed was pretty good.

morgieb

Just watching the replay now. Brett Lee is actually a decent commentator when away from the channel nine tossers. Him talking about improving bowling speed was pretty good.
I actually have time for Brett Lee, tbh. I mean he isn't great, but he looks like a beacon of intellect compared to the neanderthals from Channel Nine.

Also Slater seems a lot better this tournament IMO. Shame the same thing can't be said about Warne....