• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

36th Match - South Africa v United Arab Emirates (12th March)

Who will win this match?

• United Arab Emirates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 36th Match of the World Cup between South Africa and United Arab Emirates (Westpac Stadium, Wellington).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
A N/R washout and a South Africa-Aus qf would be the best outcome. Unfortunately it is so windy there any rain will blow away

Wellington City Weather - NZ Weather Forecast from MetService.com
Yeah rain in the capital rarely sticks around for long, though when the weather does settle in it's usually when a milder southerly is blowing through - which is what is forecast for Thursday. Still, the Stadium has good drainage and the forecast isn't too bad so I'm guessing we'll get a result.

anil1405

International Captain
Although its unlikely to happen (washout), as a Proteas fan i'd prefer a QF with Australia in Adelaide rather than SL in Sydney.

anil1405

International Captain
Big call.
Yea, i know. The prospect of facing SL in conditions that suit them and in a stadium that would literally be a home game for SL would be tough. Its also a game that might decide Proteas fate even before the game begins, if they lose the toss then they are done.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea, i know. The prospect of facing SL in conditions that suit them and in a stadium that would literally be a home game for SL would be tough. Its also a game that might decide Proteas fate even before the game begins, if they lose the toss then they are done.
And facing Australia in Australia on any ground wouldn't have a home game atmosphere for Australia?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Although its unlikely to happen (washout), as a Proteas fan i'd prefer a QF with Australia in Adelaide rather than SL in Sydney.
Easier access to churches for preying?

SA could easily beat both Aus and SL but I would have thought the SL weakish bowling attack would suit SA.

Midwinter

State Captain
Like in all the minnow games, can the UAE bat out the 50 overs ?

It has been encouraging to see that in nearly all games the minnows have made it into the 40's if they dont make it to 50.

The shortest game has been the NZL v AUS wasn't it ? With the NZL v ENG game being second shortest in terms of overs faced.

Cant see it going any other than RSA 's way