• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

31st Match - New Zealand v Afghanistan (8th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Afghanistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Congrats to the Black caps, notching up yet another win..also well done to the Afghani's for putting up a fight. I have been impressed by them in this tournament, by their never give up attitude..

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This.

The only thing I came in the thread to say is that when the score was approx 130 for 2 after 26 overs - Mark Richardson spouted some crap about how we needed to pick up the run rate and be more positive.
if the kiwi commentators are going to contribute poor comments then I would prefer that we just had the international commentators for all the games including blackcaps ones.

Perfect run chase today AFAIAC

Athlai

Not Terrible
This.

The only thing I came in the thread to say is that when the score was approx 130 for 2 after 26 overs - Mark Richardson spouted some crap about how we needed to pick up the run rate and be more positive.
if the kiwi commentators are going to contribute poor comments then I would prefer that we just had the international commentators for all the games including blackcaps ones.

Perfect run chase today AFAIAC
Na I'm with them. What does Taylor gain from anchoring an innings against Afghanistan on a flat pitch. Absolutely nothing. It was a perfect run chase, but the opposition and conditions made it all fairly meaningless from things we could take away from the match. A net session may have been more valuable.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Na I'm with them. What does Taylor gain from anchoring an innings against Afghanistan on a flat pitch. Absolutely nothing. It was a perfect run chase, but the opposition and conditions made it all fairly meaningless from things we could take away from the match. A net session may have been more valuable.
It was the perfect chase and couldn't have gone any better. Whenever I am out of touch at the beginning of a season I usually have to play a long scratchy inning and then it sets me up to be more positive in future knocks. "You can only learn it in the middle".
We won. We lost only 4 wickets. We got there in the 37th over. That is a quick enough pace.

Richardson was just bored.

Flem274*

123/5
it was a game we needed to win. that's it. they played well and did it with minimum fuss and no wobbles. Tick the box, beat Bangladesh next week.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It was the perfect chase and couldn't have gone any better. Whenever I am out of touch at the beginning of a season I usually have to play a long scratchy inning and then it sets me up to be more positive in future knocks. "You can only learn it in the middle".
We won. We lost only 4 wickets. We got there in the 37th over. That is a quick enough pace.

Richardson was just bored.
I don't think there was anything wrong with how Taylor batted, I just understand where Richardson was coming from. We didn't gain everything we could have. Hopefully we get to build a larger innings against Bangers.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He gains time in the middle which he has been so sorely lacking. He gets out trying to slog down the runs in quick time and the pressure on him increases from all corners.

Really, Athlai, ffs.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't think there was anything wrong with how Taylor batted, I just understand where Richardson was coming from. We didn't gain everything we could have. Hopefully we get to build a larger innings against Bangers.
Things we know:
Baz can blast down doors. Williamson is a rock. Anderson can gun it in the lower order.

Things we don't/didn't know:
If Guptill or Taylor are in any kind of form. Elliott too. This gave them some decent time in the middle and they did well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Lets agree to disagree. :)

It is a minor point that isn't worth taking further.

A point against my argument is that I only saw Taylor's first few runs and then followed the rest by scoreboard checking, so didn't really feel the same frustration as you MIGHT have by actually watching him be circumspect with only 50 odd runs to win.

My new modus operandi by the way is to use capital letters and coloured fonts in my replies so as to appeal to the CW masses who value visual stimuli more than I do

(Joking)

Athlai

Not Terrible
He gains time in the middle which he has been so sorely lacking. He gets out trying to slog down the runs in quick time and the pressure on him increases from all corners.

Really, Athlai, ffs.
Na I don't mean he should have been slogging. But there is a difference between anchoring and playing out a normal "middle overs" period for Taylor. Was disappointed with the lack of singles.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
the second

i skipped all his posts with the stupid fonts. there, i said it in public.

The choice of fonts on this website is utterly atrocious, tbf.

Get some decent ones in there, imo.

And please delete this one from the system forever!

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
I was just happy to see Rosco finish it off still at the crease. I know I said I didn't want to see him 3 off 20 at the start of this thread but RR really wasn't required and I assumed we would be batting first.

Given the situation Ross did well, he could have done it with more style and assertiveness but it doesn't really matter.

We got robbed on the toss and it ended up being a waste of a match for us.Good to see Gups get some runs as well though I suppose. This game made a 12 team tourney seem like a good Idea.

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Say if Anderson doesn't get the last wicket, it would have interesting to see Afghan last pair knock around Anderson and NZ part timers.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't know where to put this and I hate giving certain sides any credit but I think full strength ND, Otago and probably Auckland (Mills and Mitch) would beat a few ODI sides.

The batting is the issue for ND and Auckland and bowling for Otago.