• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

30th Match - Ireland v ZImbabwe (7th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 30th Match of the World Cup between Ireland and Zimbabwe (Bellerive Oval, Hobart).

andmark

International Captain
Could be a decent match, yet again with a "minnow" (tough to use that phrase at the moment). Ireland will pull through for another win.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ireland to chase IMO. Can run down a big score and do it late if need be with Panyangara still used as a death option.

smash84

The Tiger King
will be curtains for Ireland if they lose today and pak beat sa which is highly unlikely. even if pak vs sa gets rained off and Ireland lose here then the last match becomes must win for them to qualify

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Assuming Pakistan don't do the impossible and beat SA, I don't think this one's actually likely to prove remotely relevant to Ireland's progression. It's still all going to come down to Pakistan.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm so torn.

This might be a high scorer though. Both sides batting will happily destroy the others death bowling. I rate Zimbabwe with the new ball though so the Zimbabwean new ball spell v Dockrell's spell through the middle (plus Mooney is a perfectly fine new ball bowler imo) will decide it.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Ireland probably have the slightly stronger batting overall but I rate Taylor the best on show. Zims have the better bowling. Chatara and Panyangara are good with the new ball and the spinners are pretty even. Williams has been very good just as good as dockrell from what I have seen.

Im going to go with zims on this one.

Last edited:

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Still gutted there's no Mike Haysman.Need great commentators too,not just the ones based on their cricketing reputation..

anil1405

International Captain
Tuned into this game for few minutes at the start and he sure sounded like Nass. Lets just wait till he comes on again. :p

anil1405

International Captain
Porterfield struggling to time the ball in the middle but more importantly is buying time in the middle. Would do him a world of good for the crucial next two games.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Poerterfield out after a match losing innings shortly after Joyce is dropped. Zim all over them and should really win this.