• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

29th Match - Pakistan v South Africa (7th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really do think as improved as Pakistan were today, SA were abysmal with the bat. So a perfect combination for that result.

Niall

International Coach
Ireland will beat Pakistan. Can feel it.
I think if they played them after getting trashed by India or West Indies, they would have a massive chance, heck Zimbabwe should have beaten them. However with Safaraz in, and all bowlers bowling well and not to many passengers, you got to fancy Pakistan. Its not a foregone conclusion, but its doubtful,

I

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
uh, no. SA are yet to play UAE.
Read properly ****
It's interesting to see that the forecast for the SA v UAE game is pretty **** (though it's still a long way out). If that game were to be rained out then SA would be stuck in 3rd place and be set up for a likely qf v Australia.
Would that mean Ireland could slot in second place in that group?
Whoever wins Pak-Ireland match goes to 2nd position.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
South Africa doing nothing to dispel my doubts over them. All very well battering hopeless bowling attacks when you're batting first but I'd be worried that they've been madd to chase against the two best bowling attacks in the group and failed miserably.

New Zealand and Australia would have a field day against such a soft outfit.

Quaggas

State Captain
South Africa doing nothing to dispel my doubts over them. All very well battering hopeless bowling attacks when you're batting first but I'd be worried that they've been madd to chase against the two best bowling attacks in the group and failed miserably.

New Zealand and Australia would have a field day against such a soft outfit.
They're not so much a soft outfit, as simply not a not a very good one (ie (perhaps upper) midtable) when considering all playing conditions. There are really only two batsmen and the bowling has never been anything to write home about in ODIs.

The hype in the press (echoed here), I suspect, was possibly owing to marketing and the need to hide how lob-sided the tournament really is.* Recent results v Zim and WI seem to be the basis for this hype, but their 5-ODI tour of Australia (and even the NZ tour, if you account for Kane missing), are far more telling. Much like the big-3 triangular.

*That said, one-day cricket is closer in results-distributions to baseball than it is to test cricket, so in before someone brings up some tense finish as anecdotal evidence to the contrary. There is a good reason the World Series is best of 7.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
And you guys were saying? Pakistan no hopers, right? Well get ready for a serious Pakistan comeback here. Whoever they're playing in the quarters better watch out.

smash84

The Tiger King
And you guys were saying? Pakistan no hopers, right? Well get ready for a serious Pakistan comeback here. Whoever they're playing in the quarters better watch out.
The batting is still pretty shaky though. Good win yes, but let's not make Pak out to be favorites just yet.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I had to leave the game at the innings break because my sister's 21st was last night but damn I missed a great game

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So do you guys think AB played a poor shot to get out? All the shots he played until then were played from the crease. Charging out with no specific plan of where he wanted to hit was not the best idea I think.
Not at all.