• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

29th Match - Pakistan v South Africa (7th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reverseswang

Cricket Spectator
Oh man. We're gonna get 1 point from this because it's gonna rain of biblical proportions. And if it didn't rain, I am hoping Pakistan beat SA with Irfan getting AB and Amla at the initial stages and the rest of the team will fall like dominoes. Or it could go really really bad as usual and Pakistani batters start getting out on 0s and 1s which I am not ready for!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rain forecast for the afternoon & possible thunder storms, but strong winds so I doubt it will be a wash-out.

If it was abandoned it would get Pakistan to 3rd provided they beat Ireland in their last match.

In that scenario NZ would play the Windies :huh:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunny in Auckland this morning. Game will start on time. Heavy showers forecast for later - hopefully brief and not too significant. It is windy, which should help.

smash84

The Tiger King
Not sure about this. Pakistani pacers Irfan and Wahab have been bowling in good rhythm.
sohail khan has been in constant decline since his first match.

Afridi has been useless with the ball

Rahat pretty much untested

Wahab has been expensive in some spells decent in others. He always has been a bit wayward.

Irfan is good but unreliable after his first spell. Did get soreness in last match.

Basic problem is wicket taking which the bowlers seem incapable of a la NZ and Aus

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wahab and Irfan are fine, tbh. I agree Sohail Khan is a bit of a trundler right now, but so what. I liked how Rahat was bowling in the last game. He is not an amazing bowler, but he isn't completely **** either. I don't think the Pakistani attack is that bad, tbh.

smash84

The Tiger King
Wahab and Irfan are fine, tbh. I agree Sohail Khan is a bit of a trundler right now, but so what. I liked how Rahat was bowling in the last game. He is not an amazing bowler, but he isn't completely **** either. I don't think the Pakistani attack is that bad, tbh.
It's not that bad but not too good either like Waqar claiming "the best attack in the tournament"

smash84

The Tiger King
I think its a good decision by them to give themselves an opportunity to chase down a total

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sarfaraz in for Jamshed. This is the worst possible situation for him. He comes in without any match practice and has to face Stein and company. He'll probably get out for a duck and that will give Waqar and Moin the reason they need to drop him for good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
South African batting looks formidable with Duminy in for Behardien.

This will be a tough team to beat for any side!