• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

28th Match - India v West Indies (6th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Missed ya in the Eng vs. NZ match thread scaly.
All just warm-up games before the England v Bangladesh match and quarter finals.

Here's hoping the World Cup leads to the Mickey Mouse brigade at the top of English cricket getting the boot and Collingwood gets involved. England are going to just keep sinking otherwise.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Nah bowling Samuels and Smith at the end there is pretty much inexcusable unless all the other bowlers had picked up career threatening injuries. Stuff his inexperience or the state of Windies cricket. That was a seriously hopeless decisions that I would have been dropped for doing when I was the U12 Rep Captain

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I know the words 'West Indies', 'Worst', and 'stupid', are often easily thrown together into a sentence…but that was seriously dumb as ****.

I just can't imagine Holder explaining later in the change rooms : 'Nah, Yeah I really did think that Marlon and Dwayne operating from both ends would strangle out those last few crucial wickets. Dhoni seemed a little uncomfortable against Marlons straight turners'.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was a ****ing ******** move. Ridiculous. One of the worst moves ever.

Sacking him now would be even more stupider tbh. And Pratters is crazy for suggesting it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It is interesting than no seniors came to suggest to him otherwise, and no one seemed to despair too much. I remember when Bollinger was not bowled in the death by Dhoni in a crucial game and he was all animated with the captain.

andmark

International Captain
It is interesting than no seniors came to suggest to him otherwise, and no one seemed to despair too much. I remember when Bollinger was not bowled in the death by Dhoni in a crucial game and he was all animated with the captain.
I was going to say that earlier. The fact that no seniors came up to him suggests either that they were in agreement with the move or they just didn't care; neither of which is great. Thus I don't see much merit in sacking Holder as captain, because of course you'd need someone to do a better job with no obvious candidates (or at least long term candidates).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have not understood this Windies team at all so far. I watched them in a warm up game earlier and an early world cup match, and they seemed completely in disarray. They seemed like a team full of players who are not in in the same page as the board. So the board makes some one the captain who they feel will not go out publicly and start slamming the board.

Then, they had this motivated bowling display v Pakistan and won. After that game, the team seemed really geared up for the game v South Africa. Bishop had visited their training and even seeing the videos, they really seemed to have slogged and seemed very geed up for the game. However, South Africa just thrashed them.

Today as a mix of the two earlier kinds of Windies we have seen in the tournament. At times, they were a bunch of players who couldn't give a ****. At other times, they were motivated to do well in the game. If you have them motivated properly and at full strength, they would be one of the stronger teams in the world cup. However, there is no leader, like a Worrell or Lloyd out there. Even if there was, the board would make sure that he is either sacked, or doesn't have any say.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Jason Holder says quicks were tired :wacko:

Our frontline bowlers have given it their all, you know. We were in a stage where we needed wickets and we had two spells from our frontline bowlers and at the end they felt a little tired and couldn't get the job done.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: A little tired. Seriously, although they have a cool factor, the Windies ought to be despised for their horrendous approach to cricket in general.

Last edited:

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
If you merged the characteristics of the English and West Indian teams you might actually get a half decent bunch of players capable of winning the 50 over world cup. Both teams could do with a bit of the other.

Spark

Global Moderator
If you merged the characteristics of the English and West Indian teams you might actually get a half decent bunch of players capable of winning the 50 over world cup. Both teams could do with a bit of the other.
you might also get such an intense concentration of **** that it creates a black hole and sucks the entire world cup into the void

Flem274*

123/5
Ramdin isn't test captain anymore because he was on board with the strike right? I can't keep up with the shenanigans. Because they may as well have made him test and ODI skipper.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
All just warm-up games before the England v Bangladesh match and quarter finals.

Here's hoping the World Cup leads to the Mickey Mouse brigade at the top of English cricket getting the boot and Collingwood gets involved. England are going to just keep sinking otherwise.
Stop poaching - he's a Scot now