• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team Changes

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Halfway through the group stage, some teams have chopped and changed some have remained loyal to the initial selections. I'll have a look at the top four teams so far:

Australia: I have never been on the 'x to replace Watson at 3' bandwagon but I think it is time for Smith or Clarke to bat at 3 with Bailey coming in for Watson. When Faulkner is fit, he would be a straight swap for Marsh.

New Zealand: a little bit hard to analyse due to the dominant nature of their wins, but Taylor and Elliot haven't been impressive, though it advisable for them to persevere. Possibly McClenaghan with his amazing strike rate over Milne.

South Africa: de Kock hasn't been impressive since returning from injury. South Africa could replicate the batting order that they had earlier this year with Amla and Rossouw to open, although this would mean AB would have to keep.

India: similar to New Zealand due to the nature of their wins.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
The thing about McCleneghan is that although his overall stats are good, he's consistently absolutely rubbish in his first spell. He always picks up late innings wickets to bring down his average which Anderson is proving to be excellent at. What we need is a genuine threat at first change. Admittedly Milne isn't quite there yet either but the potential is obvious.

GGG

State Captain
I am still saying Mills for Milne with two new balls does it make a difference. Would play him next game for sure and give Southee a rest.