• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

26th Match - Australia v Afghanistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
Odd to see both batsmen wear caps.
I think it's silly to ever take one's helmet off when batting, but I don't know what difference in visibility is like and my sport of reference is ice hockey where I feel idiotic on the ice without a helmet and visor on.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it's silly to ever take one's helmet off when batting, but I don't know what difference in visibility is like and my sport of reference is ice hockey where I feel idiotic on the ice without a helmet and visor on.
more comfort, i'd say. looks hot out there.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I never take mine off. I also know a guy who top edged a sweep shot into his ear off a spinner and nearly went deaf. I also missed an attempted sweep and got hit right in the grill only 3 weeks ago.

Antihippy

International Debutant
For spinners though the only time you would worry about the ball hitting your face is if you top edge a ball into it.

thierry henry

International Coach
Lot of (very fair) talk about Shapoor's release and rhythm being crap, but he's bowling decent areas this spell

halba

International 12th Man
My stream of this match just blew up.

I don't think I can even watch this match in the US legally, so damn... :(
on track for another 400 plus score
that will make it 3 400 plus scores in the world cup against minnows west indies, ireland and afghanistan

if they can keep around 180 by the 30th over, then we could see 400 runs plus(rule of thumb, +2x the 30th over runs, with powerplays)

Last edited:

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
on track for another 400 plus score
that will make it 3 400 plus scores in the world cup against minnows west indies, ireland and afghanistan

if they can keep around 180 by the 30th over, then we could see 400 runs plus(rule of thumb, 2x the 30th over runs)
I still have the scorecard open as I switched over to Pakistan vs. UAE which is totally uncompetitive by now :(

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'm only following on cricinfo - but Smith 40(49) sounds like an intelligent supporting innings. Don't tell Dan I praised him :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The super part of the Aussie batting so far is that Afghanistan bowling isn't dire per say.