• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World cup speed stats?

thierry henry

International Coach
Also they flashed up a ball from Southee on the screen yesterday that was 144.something, which is basically 90mph right?

thierry henry

International Coach
Wahab is very much capable of bowling that quick.
Sure...although it's his absolute maximum (as it is for anyone who isn't one of the all-time elite fast bowlers).

It's much less likely though for a bowler who is operating at say, 147-149, to suddenly bowl 154 for just one ball. And I've also seen Riaz bowl in the 130s a lot this tournament, so when he's in the high-140s it means he's really firing up.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's on the outer limits of possibility and so basically the perfect situation for an anomaly to be mistakenly taken as being correct.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That Riaz reading was anomalous ftr, the statisticians said that every other ball he bowled was 140s at best.
Yeah, almost 100% positive that that Wahab ball was a misread. Hasn't gotten near that kind of pace before or since.

cnerd123

likes this
Loses a bit of sheen when you notice BD and Afghanistan have each managed to get one name on the list too.

thierry henry

International Coach
Wouldn't Taskin be a fraction quicker than Rubel on average? Surprised he hasn't hit 90mph when almost every ball I see him bowl seems to be over 140kph.

cnerd123

likes this
Rubel mostly bowls within himself, in order to be more accurate and to preserve stamina. He's always been a 90 MPH bowler. He's been able to hit that speed as long as I can remember. For a long time it was literally the only reason he kept getting picked for BD.

Taskin does bowl 140s but I doubt he has it in him to bowl quicker ATM.

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
There are some surprising stats...Broad at 93.4, Woakes 90.5...i would imagine a misread, but Dilshan 79.7, Dockrell 78.4...the last 2 are still mph rather than kph

thierry henry

International Coach
There are some surprising stats...Broad at 93.4, Woakes 90.5...i would imagine a misread, but Dilshan 79.7, Dockrell 78.4...the last 2 are still mph rather than kph
On current form I'm surprised Finn got up that quick, but Woakes is very consistent with his pace in the high 80s.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Updates*

Wahab Riaz 96
Adam Milne 94.9*
Mitchell Starc 94.8
Pat Cummins 94.1
Stuart Broad 93.4
Mitchell Johnson 93.3
Morne Morkel 93.1
Umesh Yadav 92.6
Mohammad Irfan 92.6
Jerome Taylor 92.2
Dale Steyn 92.1
Sohail Khan 91.4
Kyle Abbott 91*
Dawlat Zadran 90.9*
Rubel Hossain 90.7
Trent Boult 90.6
Mohammed Shami 90.6
Chris Woakes 90.5
Wayne Parnell 90.5
Andre Russell 90.4*
Steven Finn 90.2
Hamid Hassan 90.1

Corey Anderson is @ 89.4 and he has hit it in two separate games, quite comparable to Tim Southee @ 89.6. Pretty quick really

90mph=144.8kmph 150kmph=93.2mph

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
According to the fastest deliveries stats put up on the screen, Milne bowled one at 152.7kph against Afghanistan. That's over 95mph.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Updates*

Wahab Riaz 96
Adam Milne 94.9*
Mitchell Starc 94.8
Pat Cummins 94.1
Stuart Broad 93.4
Mitchell Johnson 93.3
Morne Morkel 93.1
Umesh Yadav 92.6
Mohammad Irfan 92.6
Jerome Taylor 92.2
Dale Steyn 92.1
Sohail Khan 91.4
Kyle Abbott 91*
Dawlat Zadran 90.9*
Rubel Hossain 90.7
Trent Boult 90.6
Mohammed Shami 90.6
Chris Woakes 90.5
Wayne Parnell 90.5
Andre Russell 90.4*
Steven Finn 90.2
Hamid Hassan 90.1

Corey Anderson is @ 89.4 and he has hit it in two separate games, quite comparable to Tim Southee @ 89.6. Pretty quick really
Hey Jimbo, for those of us who are not too computer literate can you please advise how you are getting these stats?

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Hey Jimbo, for those of us who are not too computer literate can you please advise how you are getting these stats?
I didn't find all these speeds but I did just check a couple of scorecards on cricinfo. I just went in Hawkeye and scrolled across to bowling speeds. They have fastest ball and average speed there easy to see.