• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Heef Channels the Likely Lads (aka NZ vs. Aus replay)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Early sighting of Danny V. Decent start - definitely bowling to his field. Needed to stem the run rate a bit and he's doing so. Lovely stuff from the old timer.

HeathDavisSpeed

How can you watch a full match replay when the 100 overs haven't been completed yet..

All very mysterious.
Well, they must have been completed as this is on the channel that the live match was on. Wife was watching the match whilst I was painting windows and she paused live TV at the start of the replay. Really isn't that hard to do - though it relies on my wife not giving the game away, so to speak - so I'd better not piss her off.

HeathDavisSpeed

Spoilers to Date: I clicked on 'new posts' to see that something must have happened to McCullum's arm. Trying to work out what it could be

1. Infected tattoo
2. Burst bicep
3. Dislocated shoulder going for a massive hit
4. Michael Clarke told him to expect a ****ing broken arm and duly delivered
5. Sore arm after having to carry away yet another oversized cheque when he won the Man of the Match award.
6. Arm eaten by Ian Smith in post match interview.

HeathDavisSpeed

Commentary Box to date:

Australians: 4 (Waugh, Slater, Warne, someone else (Moody?))
Kiwis: 2 (Smith, Doull)
Neutral: Nil

Disappointing

HeathDavisSpeed

Boult and Vettori bowling quite well in tandem. Run rate has slowed significantly. Interesting that Warner hasn't really looked to hit Vettori over the top with only 2 fielders outside of the ring. Not sure that'd be the case if Finch was still out there.

HeathDavisSpeed

Lovely pull shot from Watson there - as much as I hate to say it.

70 - 1 for Australia after 11. Very good start there, given how much run rates have increased in the late overs. Should be a basis for a good total if they can keep wickets in hand.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Heef, are you feeling the pressure to keep commentating
Not too much, because I pretty much can't open any other website for fear of spoilers. Was just about to check the news headlines in the UK, but thought this match still might just about be a contender for Saturday morning headlines.

i.e. I've not got other things to occupy my evening internet surfing experience, so I may as well commentate on a game that every other ****er has already seen the result of. At least it's better than painting windows.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not too much, because I pretty much can't open any other website for fear of spoilers. Was just about to check the news headlines in the UK, but thought this match still might just about be a contender for Saturday morning headlines.

i.e. I've not got other things to occupy my evening internet surfing experience, so I may as well commentate on a game that every other ****er has already seen the result of. At least it's better than painting windows.
It's a bit grim anyway

Putin critic Boris Nemtsov shot dead

UK 'must prepare for Russian threat'

HeathDavisSpeed

HAHAHAHAHA. Shane Watson, you knob.

Dear oh dear oh dear. Shame this ground's too small to have people caught regularly in the outfield.

HeathDavisSpeed

What, what? Warner Lbw? Looked as if it was heading over to me - he was up on his toes a bit and hit him at the top end of the knee roll.

EDIT: Hmmm. On the 2nd view, short guy - might be clipping the top and will remain out.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
How will you be able to see out of your windows once you've painted them? Or are you using clear coloured paint?

HeathDavisSpeed

Stays out. A few boos from the crowd for Warner - big wicket that though and Southee strikes back after poor first spell. Warner undone by a little seam movement, perhaps?

HeathDavisSpeed

Stadium Music Update: 4 Non Blondes What's Up seems an odd choice. Where are the Kiwi/Aussie classics?

Commentators updates: Now Brett Lee, Allan Border and some chump called Alan Wilkins

Australia: 6
NZ: 2
Other: 1

Why the imbalance between Australian and NZ commentators? Is that C9 **** Jack McNamara in control here?