• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers

Just AB de Villiers. At some point I ran out of words, probably when he hit Holder for 34 (although Russell Arnold interviewing him is bringing them back). Dude is effing amazing. I don't think we have seen the likes of him, ever. Guy has gears from -4 to 24. How the heck do you explain him?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I made a bit of a throwaway comment in another thread that he could become the Don Bradman of ODI cricket...........but the more I think about it I don't think that's too far from the mark.

smash84

The Tiger King
AB Dev is just ridiculously good. Hard to rate him exactly at this point in his career. Would like to see him go for a few more years. People like Dhoni have been doing great stuff for a little longer

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
He keeps his head so still when he's slogging. Even when he's doing that nuts paddle-slog over fine leg for six, he keeps his head as still as possible. It's astonishing.

anil1405

International Captain
Bowling yorker or similar line n length is of minimal effect to AB as compared to other batsmen.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He keeps his head so still when he's slogging. Even when he's doing that nuts paddle-slog over fine leg for six, he keeps his head as still as possible. It's astonishing.
Yeah they were showing this in the post match show, it was incredible how he didn't fall over even the slightest.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We are living in the AB era. His batting today was unlike any thing I have every seen. He did it with so much coolness too.

anil1405

International Captain
Looking back at the innings, it seemed like he wasn't even in top gear today. Only started playing conventional attacking strokes in the 47th over.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Just seen the highlights- he is simply phenomenal..can't really describe his ability any other way..

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I saw the whole innings. What was remarkable about it was how subtly and gradually he went up the gears, from 18 runs off 19 balls, to 100 off 52 balls, to 166 off 64 balls. It was a masterpiece of batting, and he made it look easy.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Thankful for Mohit Sharma's throw the other day. Could have destroyed us if he had stayed longer.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Was seeing a feature on him on TV and they said that he made the national team in various sports and they named a few.. I find that quite incredible.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was seeing a feature on him on TV and they said that he made the national team in various sports and they named a few.. I find that quite incredible.
Half of the things they say about him are false tbh. He obviously was a gifted sportsman even in his younger days but each time I receive a new message about him he played a different sport when he was younger. It's pretty ridiculous.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Iunno, according to his wiki (I know, lol, but they're all referenced) he was fantastic at Tennis, Rugby, Badminton and Cricket, decent at Football and was a pretty good swimmer/runner (but which athletic kid isn't?).