• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers

Riggins

International Captain
A good article on AB by Kallis. How harsh words sparked De Villiers | cricket.com.au

I love this bit
Three years ago, in a Test match against Australia in Adelaide, he scored 32 from 230 balls. In many ways that is as much of an achievement as his fast-scoring records. It not only shows his variety of skills, but also his mental strength. When someone said: 'You can't block every ball. Play your natural game' his instinct was to say: 'Don't tell me what I can or can't do.'

reverseswang

Cricket Spectator
AB is a lot like Sanga, they both have played more sports than just cricket, they are developed, technical, great and amazing players. They're the best in the game.

dfrinku

U19 Debutant
Are any of these AB stats from other sports actually verified? The list increases every week. One of the commentators said he had a contract with Man Utd the other day. I mean, of course he bloody didn't!

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
There are lot of batsmen who have scored lot of runs quickly before. But if you can scoop Dale Steyn over deep fine leg for six, you are special (skip to 4:15):

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I've said it so many times... AB is so special because he has both the fastest hundred in international cricket and one of the slowest innings in test history can smash a hundred in 30 balls and when needed can turn into Chris tavare and bat out the slowest innings in test history... and he also has every concievable gear in between those two extremes.

smash84

The Tiger King
These famous words might go down in cricket folklore

"All I can say is we are not going to choke"

:notworthy: