• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New records made in this world cup

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Let's use this thread for all the important records made in this world cup. Let's limit to the records across all ODIs or across all world cups, and avoid records in India vs South Africa where India bats first after winning the toss outside of the subcontinent etc. Top of my head:

1. Chris Gayle vs Zimbabwe: fastest double hundred in all ODIs
  2. Chris Gayle vs Zimbabwe: highest innings in all world cups
  3. Brendon McCullum vs England: fastest fifty in all world cups
  4. AB deVilliers vs West Indies: fastest 150 in all ODIs

What else?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haven't done the stats, but it has to be on track to shatter all batting records - runs scored in the tournament, average run rate, batting average, strike rate...

Probably the average winning margin would be right up there so far as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There have been a few partnership records for the Xth wicket broken I think, but I've always felt they were pretty contrived.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Samuels Gayle is highest partnership ever.
Correct.

5. Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels: Highest partnership for any wicket in all ODIs

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Correct.

5. Chris Gayle and Marlon Samuels: Highest partnership for any wicket in all ODIs
What about Gayle's most 6s in an innings in the WC. Also tied for first place in all ODIs.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ireland having 3/5 of the 300+ chases in WCs

Probably going to be 3/6 in a bit when Sanga slaps Broad over point to win

It's not really a record but it's a nice stat. Plus everyone loves Ireland.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
  6. Chris Gayle vs Zimbabwe: most sixes in all ODIs
  7. Australia vs Afghanistan: highest innings score in all world cups

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England to take the proud record of the 1975 Indians of putting in the worst ever performance by a Test playing nation

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
There have been a few partnership records for the Xth wicket broken I think, but I've always felt they were pretty contrived.
things like 'best 5th wicket partnership for India against England at Lords' - worst records ever..

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Lazy ass statisticians won't track events that actually make sense, which is why we don't have fielding stats. Anything that can be generated off feeding a scorecard into a database is fair game. Why exactly haven't they been replaced by computers yet?