• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better host: Australia or New Zealand?

Who has been the better host?

• Total voters

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Do you mean teams or what?

Cricket world cup is way bigger than the Rugby world cup.

And come on. Claiming that NZ are doing a better Job because of the 'small Ground feel' or apparantly really friendly fans as witnessed through the TV is crap. Seems pretty even for mine. I like the contrast between the Grounds.
Nah, the New Zealand venues suit the tournament better just now, a half empty Gabba or MCG looks crap (in fairness the Gabba always looks crap) compared to a fuller, mord intimate venue like University Oval.

As the tournament progresses towards the business end we'll be glad of grounds like the SCG and Adelaide Oval and what they bring.

TC123

Cricket Spectator
Nah, the New Zealand venues suit the tournament better just now, a half empty Gabba or MCG looks crap (in fairness the Gabba always looks crap) compared to a fuller, mord intimate venue like University Oval.

As the tournament progresses towards the business end we'll be glad of grounds like the SCG and Adelaide Oval and what they bring.
I agree. The contrast works well but remember Oz have a population of 22 million compared to NZs 4 mil. Nz will never have a stadium that seats 90000+ and on the other hand you really wouldn't enjoy sitting on grass for 7 hours in Aus. Ants would have a field day

TNT

Banned
Disgusting behaviour from the NZeders yesterday, could clearly hear the crowd singing disgraceful songs and booing Johnson when he came out to bat. Even the commies remarked that that type of bad behaviour soured the match.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Disgusting behaviour from the NZeders yesterday, could clearly hear the crowd singing disgraceful songs and booing Johnson when he came out to bat. Even the commies remarked that that type of bad behaviour soured the match.
Link to Waleed Aly article where he said that please.

Flem274*

123/5
I like a hostile crowd but the boos for Clarke after the game at the interview were not on.

The Cake Tin chanting Southee's name is the crowd highlight for our side of the ditch to me but "You're worse than England!" is one of the better crowd sledges we've had in recent years. Disappointed a few bars of "he bowls to the left, he bowls to the right..." weren't given to Johnson after the 11 run no ball though.

The overall atmosphere at Eden Park is possibly the best we've had in the tournament though. India-Pakistan rivals it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Yeah I pretty much agree with this. Although big drawing teams like India playing at Adelaide and the MCG was terrific. I really appreciate the NZ venues more so then the Aussie venues in weekday games especially.

I don't actually know why NZ couldn't one day host the World Cup alone, Australia too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The same crowd that Glenn Maxwell applauded after the game?

Spark

Global Moderator
yes, because this never happens in australia at all. or england. or south africa. or literally anywhere else where people actually give a ****.

TNT

Banned
Cant recall any captains being booed by the crowds at this WC when being interviewed except by the NZ crowd.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think NZ are probably better hosts, because they're just thankful people are actually going there.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Nah, I think it's fine. That's just sports in general. It's just another proxy for most people to tell the other people that they suck.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Lol I've heard Australian crowds boo captains during speeches plenty of time in a variety of sports. Also heard it from a lot of other former colonies as well as the master of colonies.

The thing is, 20% of the crowd can boo, 10% can applaud and 70% are trying to leave or listen to what the **** people are saying over ****ty ground PA systems so it's hardly damning on the societies. massive non-issue.

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
We weren't booing him. We were saying Boo-urns boo-urns :p

The convicts were booing Virat earlier in the summer so it all evens out

TNT

Banned
Lol I've heard Australian crowds boo captains during speeches plenty of time in a variety of sports. Also heard it from a lot of other former colonies as well as the master of colonies.

The thing is, 20% of the crowd can boo, 10% can applaud and 70% are trying to leave or listen to what the **** people are saying over ****ty ground PA systems so it's hardly damning on the societies. massive non-issue.
So its like the little brother copying his big brother.

TNT

Banned
Colonies, convicts, masters, what year is it in New Zealand, have they got electricity yet.:laugh: