• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

23rd Match - Pakistan v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 23rd Match of the World Cup between Pakistan and Zimbabwe (Brisbane Cricket Ground).

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Great potential for a tight game in this matchup. I do feel like Pakistan's batting, although fragile against quality bowling, will be able to knock around the zimbos for a large total.

smash84

The Tiger King
This is going to be a tight one. Zimbos can do it. With such a pathetic batting line up 250ish is the best we can look at from Pakistan.

In the last match Misbah lost his marbles and batted 2nd after winning the toss. Big mistake that was. Would be so funny if Zimbabwe won the toss and batted first :laugh:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Zim have no chance of beating a pro team if they don't pick a genuine attack.

Being a **** batsman does not a bowler make

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zim have no chance of beating a pro team if they don't pick a genuine attack.

Being a **** batsman does not a bowler make
Yeah, this is especially true when they have injuries. I was annoyed enough when Mire was batting 8 and playing as a bowler, but when he got injured and they replaced him with yet another batsman who couldn't even bowl the part-time filth Mire bowls, that just really took the piss.

Assuming Chibhabha is still injured, I'd roll with this:

1 Sikanda
2 Mire
3 Masakadza
4 Taylor
5 Williams
6 Ervine
7 Chigumbura
8 Utseya
9 Mupariwa
10 Panyangara
11 Chatara

Utseya's been banned from bowling offies but selected in the squad anyway so I have no idea what he's going to send down, but I'm willing to take the risk.

Midwinter

State Captain
Will Pakistan get their act together, expect them to improve as they play more games.

Zim could show they have some confidence with a good performance here.

Pakistan to win , you can't trust them when they are down

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Misbah is no Imran. Imran promoted himself to number 3 in that world cup to ensure that wickets stay in tact. Also the fact that team had Imran, Miandad, Wasim Akram and a new inzy. This side sucks compared to that one. I am not confident for today either.
Imran almost lost the 1992 semi tbh. I get trying to keep wickets intact but Inzi basically had to pull off a miracle to win it after Imran got out. Luckily for you guys he did.

smash84

The Tiger King
Imran almost lost the 1992 semi tbh. I get trying to keep wickets intact but Inzi basically had to pull off a miracle to win it after Imran got out. Luckily for you guys he did.
He played very slow in the semi final but that was because stability was needed at the top of the order. We were prone to losing wickets (like we did in the final. In the final it was even worse. Reached 100 in the 33rd over but that was part of the strategy).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
PEWS would be pleased with this Zim team today.
It still doesn't have enough bowling in it, in all honestly. Mire is a batsman who can send down a couple but he's going to bat 8 and be the fourth bowler.

But it's certainly an improvement. It's the side I listed above with Chibhabha (who I thought was injured) in for Utseya (who is an off spinner banned from bowling off breaks).. so I'll take it.