• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

22nd Match - England v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Ah, but you are young with nerves of steel, I used to be like that, but my sporting teams I support have rather eroded this.

I forgot Samuel L. Jackson was in Jurrasic Park
Yeah but the same youth means the last time I properly watched Jurassic Park I was about 9 and I don't remember how it ends. Had to make a bigger compromise.

Looks like you turning up jinxed Moeen again...

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Dimuth is not gonna help with a 300+ chase. SL will only chase that if one of the big 4 gets a big one, and if they do they need the lower order to get quick runs. Dimuth is only useful for a crisis, and if SL are 4 down early, he can't win you the game. Just get you a more respectable loss.

So why not try to limit the total you have to chase by picking Sena instead?
Because it would make our long tail even longer against a strong bowling team..

viriya

International Captain
Angelo with the golden arm.

Almost time for him to stop bowling though.. anything over 6 overs will break his back etc etc.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's broadly true, but we don't need to hear about it for EVERY minute of every game. The way Warne twists events so they fit into his story (:ph34r:) is especially grating. Like, choosing to bat was an aggressive move (for reasons that need no explaining) and that's why England are now doing well.
He's like Botham that way, he'll make a tedious opening point early on, and then shoe-horn everything that happens afterwards into the narrative. Beyond boring.

Oh and that is why I shouldn't have watched.

viriya

International Captain
England will not win a WC with Ballance at 3. If they want to give it a shot they should get Hales opening and Bell at 3 or Hales at 3.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
But that's the trade-off you have to make to actually have a chance of winning the game. Better bowlers = lower runs to chase.
True and if it was a wicket turning square I would have no reservation of picking him but in these conditions, I think it's right to have dimuth

viriya

International Captain
True and if it was a wicket turning square I would have no reservation of picking him but in these conditions, I think it's right to have dimuth
I'd be more understandable if it was Tharanga opening and Thiri at the middle. Dimuth in the middle order makes very little sense. He's a test opener ffs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Soft dismissal, but excellent start by England nonetheless. Should get 300+ & I don't think that's beyond SL to chase down here.