• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

22nd Match - England v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viriya

International Captain
Dilshan is an overrated fielder now. Numbers say so, evidence confirms it.

SL will struggle to restrict Eng <300 if they go wicketless in the first 10. 350 a possibility too.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
That isn't really the tone you started this discussion in though is it?

ho-hum maybe it was. I'm deffo going to start watching it when Jurassic Park ends on ITV2+1

BTW what is Warnie saying that is so annoying?
OK, perhaps by saying 'What does Hales have to do to get a game?' suggested that he was in great form, but it was rather a comment on Ballance being in poor form, and that Hales should come in.

viriya

International Captain
SL selections make very little sense.. Senanayake should've played over Dimuth in this game. Dimuth will do nothing for you for a 300+ chase because the bowling is weak, so what's the point of the extra batsman?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Various nonsensical combinations of "being aggressive is good". Also I thought his assessment of the Sri Lankan drops was harsh.
No one hates it more than me, but it's just the narrative (:ph34r:) for pretty much every English pundit/person in the media nowadays. Even the good ones like Nasser. Not really worth getting worked up about one bloke doing it anymore.

viriya

International Captain
No one hates it more than me, but it's just the narrative (:ph34r:) for pretty much every English pundit/person in the media nowadays. Even the good ones like Nasser. Not really worth getting worked up about one bloke doing it anymore.
It's more that he went on for a minute on how SL have been "poor, very poor in the field" when you can guarantee that if it were the Aussies he would just bring up some excuse. SL haven't fielded brilliantly but it's not like they've dropped dollies and misfielded.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
An Ian Bell cover drive is the most beautiful sight in cricket.

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
SL selections make very little sense.. Senanayake should've played over Dimuth in this game. Dimuth will do nothing for you for a 300+ chase because the bowling is weak, so what's the point of the extra batsman?
Because if we are chasing 300+ an extra batsman is going to help that not an extra bowler. Also we have to look at the strength of the opposition and you must see that England have a very good bowling line up?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's broadly true, but we don't need to hear about it for EVERY minute of every game. The way Warne twists events so they fit into his story (:ph34r:) is especially grating. Like, choosing to bat was an aggressive move (for reasons that need no explaining) and that's why England are now doing well.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nervous is what watching sport is all about IMO. Fair enough if you don't like it though.
Ah, but you are young with nerves of steel, I used to be like that, but my sporting teams I support have rather eroded this.

I forgot Samuel L. Jackson was in Jurrasic Park

Zinzan

Dilshan is an overrated fielder now. Numbers say so, evidence confirms it.

SL will struggle to restrict Eng <300 if they go wicketless in the first 10. 350 a possibility too.
Agree, I think Dilshan has dropped more catches in the last couple of months than over his whole career.

viriya

International Captain
Because if we are chasing 300+ an extra batsman is going to help that not an extra bowler. Also we have to look at the strength of the opposition and you must see that England have a very good bowling line up?
Dimuth is not gonna help with a 300+ chase. SL will only chase that if one of the big 4 gets a big one, and if they do they need the lower order to get quick runs. Dimuth is only useful for a crisis, and if SL are 4 down early, he can't win you the game. Just get you a more respectable loss.

So why not try to limit the total you have to chase by picking Sena instead?

Uppercut

Better debate is whether the Vaughan off stump cartwheel is better than the Bell chip to the ring fielder.

Oh ****, spin on already. Here's where it goes sour.
Bell definitely can't compete with the Vaughan off-stump cartwheel. The way he held the pose for a good three seconds before realising what had happened was textbook.