• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

22nd Match - England v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YorksLanka

International Debutant
England choose Ballance again, like what the ****? What does Hales have to do to get a game?
Despite him being a Yorkie, I can't believe Ballance got in again and like you said, what does Hales have to do..having said that, me either my Sri Lankan hat on is pleased ...

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Look remotely like an International cricketer in this form?

Still a disgrace he's in the side ahead of the ravster.
But Ballance hardly looks like an International cricketer either, all at sea against any bowler. At least give Hales a shot. What's the harm?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But Ballance hardly looks like an International cricketer either, all at sea against any bowler. At least give Hales a shot. What's the harm?
No harm, but to talk about his exclusion like it's a great indignity to him seems to suggest he deserves it on performances in this form, and I still don't get why really.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Genuinely haven't slept for 27 hrs+. Feel I'm only a lay off on a top run scorer bet away from being the new Cribb.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah with Grecian on this..........Hales is hardly banging the door down demanding selection. And when he has been given the chance he has failed.

That said, desperate times and all..........certainly would not have been against his selection.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yeah with Grecian on this..........Hales is hardly banging the door down demanding selection. And when he has been given the chance he has failed.

That said, desperate times and all..........certainly would not have been against his selection.
As I said before, in this format I would prefer to see the opposition without Hales than with...

Oh and Please get rid of the Aussie oxygen thief commentator too...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Actually think Hales might get unfair stick by many English on here. Sure, he did nothing to warrant selection until the back end of the summer, but he didn't exactly get a long given a really long go once he did. Obviously he's vastly overrated by pretty much everyone else, but still.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really, really, really surprised Ballance hasn't been shafted from the side.

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
But it's a case of having Ballance, who has proved he's in poor nick, or Hales, who last batted in a warm-up (albeit Ballance got 57 in that game), who's a relative unknown quantity in terms of form, because, well, he hasn't played for a while. Who knows, he could have come on and made a century, but Ballance sure as hell won't*.

*touch wood.