• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

21st Match - India v United Arab Emirates

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's look at Mohit Sharma. He's been the single best fielder among the fast bowlers, so he's a lot fitter. Surely he can be instructed and encouraged to bowl faster, at over 145 km/h? I don't know how fast he actually is, since those speed gun readings of 140 km/h are likely wonky, but he seems to have the fitness for it. That will also help his strike rate get better and become competitive.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Let's look at Mohit Sharma. He's been the single best fielder among the fast bowlers, so he's a lot fitter. Surely he can be instructed and encouraged to bowl faster, at over 145 km/h? I don't know how fast he actually is, since those speed gun readings of 140 km/h are likely wonky, but he seems to have the fitness for it. That will also help his strike rate get better and become competitive.
Jonty Rhodes was also fit. Couldn't bowl at 140 k now could he Arjun?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
No Indian bowler has got a 4 wicket haul v non minnows in world cup history. That's quite pathetic.
That's just completely false. Shami took 4 against Pakistan a couple of weeks ago for starters! I'm sure Nehra ran through a few decent teams in 2003 too (most memorably England). I don't know where you get your info from sometimes.
What? Top of my head, Nehra took 6-fer against England.

Oh wait...
Hook line and sinker :p

These star sports fellows are ****ing with my brain.
No, scratch that. Could have just played along, Pratters....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This was the most pointless match of the WC. A 9 wicket win right after the Aus vs. NZ game. Brutal.

India doing the job though. Good stuff.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That isn't really how that works.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
These star sports fellows are ****ing with my brain.

Think the stat they showed clearly mentioned "spinners"... No Indian spinner has taken more than 3 wickets against non-minnow sides.. And given that only 3 of the WC have been in the subcontinent, and a couple happened early season than late season when spinners prosper more, I don't think it is THAT surprising, even though I agree it is still rather pathetic.