• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The experience of being at the India v South Africa WC match at the MCG

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But as impressive as India’s performance was, the abiding memory of Sunday’s match was the incredible crowd atmosphere at the game; even the final at the same ground next month won’t be able to match it
Woah woah woah hold the phone... did he just assume India aren't going to make it to the final. Setting himself up for a massive taste here.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Woah woah woah hold the phone... did he just assume India aren't going to make it to the final. Setting himself up for a massive taste here.
I just finished reading and I said the same thing, there'll definitely be a better atmosphere if India do make the final, particularly if Australia are the other finalists (dream match).

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
As the author of the article, the reason I wrote that is because tickets for the final would've largely been sold (and much more expensive) already. And - as usually the case with such events - a far higher proportion of the crowd will be corporate types going because it's an event and will inevitably have none of the passion displayed on Sunday.

India v Australia final will be a pretty good atmosphere but it won't match what it was like on Sunday.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I just finished reading and I said the same thing, there'll definitely be a better atmosphere if India do make the final, particularly if Australia are the other finalists (dream match).
No it won't, because a lot of non-Indian fans will have tickets to the final. It'll be more neutral.

Burgey

Hardly see how you can read that into it. The crowd at the final is less likely to be dominated by Indian fans, because a lot of the tickets will have been purchased ages ago, mostly by Australians, but by different fans from all over. So to that extent I can understand why the atmosphere will probably not quite so Bollywood.

Burgey

As the author of the article, the reason I wrote that is because tickets for the final would've largely been sold (and much more expensive) already. And - as usually the case with such events - a far higher proportion of the crowd will be corporate types going because it's an event and will inevitably have none of the passion displayed on Sunday.

India v Australia final will be a pretty good atmosphere but it won't match what it was like on Sunday.
Paranoids gonna paranoid mate.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hardly see how you can read that into it. The crowd at the final is less likely to be dominated by Indian fans, because a lot of the tickets will have been purchased ages ago, mostly by Australians, but by different fans from all over. So to that extent I can understand why the atmosphere will probably not quite so Bollywood.
already made that post bud

Daemon

The crowd at the final is less likely to be dominated by Indian fans because a lot of the tickets will have been purchased ages ago mostly by Australians. That's the reason why the atmosphere won't be as good.

indiaholic

International Captain
The crowd at the final is less likely to be dominated by Indian fans because a lot of the tickets will have been purchased ages ago mostly by Australians. That's the reason why the atmosphere won't be as good.

Daemon

already made that post bud.

OverratedSanity