• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

17th Match - Afghanistan v Scotland

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ajdude

International Coach
nowroz has looked really out of sorts all tournament. i get that he's a senior player etc but surely ghani gets a go next game? ridiculous from moles dropping him

Antihippy

International Debutant
That seamed an alarming amount.

Afghanistan really needs to pull their head in here. No need to flash at everything on a pitch that's doing a bit.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
nowroz has looked really out of sorts all tournament. i get that he's a senior player etc but surely ghani gets a go next game? ridiculous from moles dropping him
Or just bat Nawroz at 3 where he's better suited anyway.

It's also clear that Nabi is a 6 or 7, not a 5. I get that associate teams will have a lot of batsmen more suited to 7, but the cake type batting is there in Afsar, and Usman if he was playing.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, I get that there's history. I just don't think they have the player numbers, skills or local support to suggest they'll be anything other than quadrennial whipping boys in the future. At what point do you decide to stop throwing good money after bad?
Funding people to allow them to enjoy the beautiful game of cricket is never a waste of money IMO. Infact that should be the whole point of the ICC to begin with.

It's just a game after all. Why are we so worried about making bigger profits? Lets just ensure we make ends meet and that everyone who wants to play, can play.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Funding people to allow them to enjoy the beautiful game of cricket is never a waste of money IMO. Infact that should be the whole point of the ICC to begin with.

It's just a game after all. Why are we so worried about making bigger profits? Lets just ensure we make ends meet and that everyone who wants to play, can play.
Hahahaha. I couldn't care less about profit.

The fact is that there are limited resources for development, so why waste what there is on countries that have done nothing with it? I'm not arguing against associates, or associates being at the World Cup - I think 10 teams next time is idiotic. I am saying that the UAE, Scotland and the Netherlands have had many opportunities and that other countries with better chances of success long term should be ahead of them in the queue.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain

Indeed this is exactly what it should be about. There should never be profits as every cent should be put back into the game to allow it to grow and allow more people to participate. It's sad when people forget the true meaning of sport and concentrate on the money side.

This game is pretty thrilling. Loving the stroke play from the Afghani's.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Hahahaha. I couldn't care less about profit.

The fact is that there are limited resources for development, so why waste what there is on countries that have done nothing with it? I'm not arguing against associates, or associates being at the World Cup - I think 10 teams next time is idiotic. I am saying that the UAE, Scotland and the Netherlands have had many opportunities and that other countries with better chances of success long term should be ahead of them in the queue.
Yeah that's why I'm so keen on Afghanistan. Big player pool, 4 day competition established, and already proven that the talent is there.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah that's why I'm so keen on Afghanistan. Big player pool, 4 day competition established, and already proven that the talent is there.
Yeah definitely a lot of potential there, the only unfortunate part being the fact they won't be able to host any home games meaning they lose a home ground advantage that could see them win a few more games in the initial stages. The biggest disappointment in regards to associates has been PNG not making this world cup. Would have preferred them to UAE due to their increased opportunities playing in Australia and the fact they are mostly all homegrown players (Geraint Jones excepted). UAE proving they are more than a handful so far thoug which is good.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
haha woops, meant in terms of weather but yeah, a bit of an issue there.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love them to get to the point where they obtain full status, but I suspect if they do they will be sharing the UAE facilities with Pakistan for the indefinite future, sadly.