• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20th Match - New Zealand v Australia

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Eden Park booed Brett Lee a few times, but it was generally provoked - one after he hit McCullum with a beamer, the other after he hit Papps in the head.
I DOn't know if it was at Eden Park, but remember when Lee hit Parore with a bouncer on one of the NZ ODI tours pretty early in his career? FMD it was one of the fastest bouncers I think I've seen collect someone.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not exactly relevant to this match, but more about NZ/Aus cricket relations:

New Zealand won't play Australia in Boxing Day test at MCG for at least eight years | Stuff.co.nz

Most interestingly, it refers to the fact that a 2015-2023 Future Tours Programme has nearly been finalised.

Some Stuff Numpty said:
The Black Caps are desperate for another chance to appear in the showpiece, but with the soon-to-be-announced Future Tours Program from 2015 to 2023 all but finalised, they are set to be overlooked again.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I hope that the public realises the cultural legacy that McCullum is instilling in this team. They're not going to take a backward step but they prefer to do their talking in their performance.

There's no need to boo a bowler if your captain is planning to hit him into the car park.

It's about respecting that culture that Baz is creating.

_Ed_

I DOn't know if it was at Eden Park, but remember when Lee hit Parore with a bouncer on one of the NZ ODI tours pretty early in his career? FMD it was one of the fastest bouncers I think I've seen collect someone.
Oh yeah, I know the one - think that was down in Dunedin. Parore's helmet knocked the bails off if I remember right.

Mike5181

International Captain
If you exclude the June 2013 game which was a no result, it's been exactly four years since we last played Australia in an ODI.

Some of the players in that game:

Ricky Ponting
Brett Lee
Shaun Tait
Jason Krejza
David Hussey
Jamie How
James Franklin
Scott Styris

Crazy.

Burgey

Oh yeah, I know the one - think that was down in Dunedin. Parore's helmet knocked the bails off if I remember right.
Yeah that was it. It jagged in off the deck at him. Was a wicked ball.

Flem274*

123/5
Not exactly relevant to this match, but more about NZ/Aus cricket relations:

New Zealand won't play Australia in Boxing Day test at MCG for at least eight years | Stuff.co.nz

Most interestingly, it refers to the fact that a 2015-2023 Future Tours Programme has nearly been finalised.
We'll just have to thrash them as punishment.

By the time that series rolls around it could be big daddy kane and tpc leading their countries with a very exciting and new look aussie side fresh from an ashes victory. And its less than 12 months away! Exciting times

_Ed_

Must admit I was a fan of Parore during his cricket career. He's plummeted in my estimations since then, however.

Blain

U19 Captain
Hmm the Boxing day test schedule is a weird one, 1/4 of Melbourne population is probably from NZ!! Aus vs WI in Aus as a test series sounds like a major snooze fest.

To be fair, we have been weak for a very long time (10 years, could probably argue more, or we always have been excluding the 80's). Would be nice to have a crack at the big boys sometime soon.

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
Lol I remember that one, helmet got knocked off straight onto his stumps, silly that he didn't bother tie up the belt around his jaw for protection.

I have a feeling that some noisy crowd will be booing the Aussies, I mean look at what the media is trying to cook up, stirring all the emotions, some people will buy it. I just hope nobody boo their national anthem, happened once in League.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm the Boxing day test schedule is a weird one, 1/4 of Melbourne population is probably from NZ!! Aus vs WI in Aus as a test series sounds like a major snooze fest.

To be fair, we have been weak for a very long time (10 years, could probably argue more, or we always have been excluding the 80's). Would be nice to have a crack at the big boys sometime soon.
Yes I was disappointed to see that article saying no Boxing Day test too. And like you imply it's not so much that we're being ignored (we've only been good in the last 18 months and occasional patches before that), it's that the team being preferred for centre stage are the West Indies ffs. No Minor offence intended unavoidable.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nah the Windies were already booked for that one IIRC. I bet the Aussies would have changed it if they could, but no way would the Windies let them out of it.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I don't mind if the crowd boos the Aussies. Always good to see some passion, and "Warner's a wanker" has a nice ring to it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nah the Windies were already booked for that one IIRC. I bet the Aussies would have changed it if they could, but no way would the Windies let them out of it.
Sauce? Don't think I've read that anywhere.

Anyway Australia Cricket can do whatever Australia Cricket wants to do /Big3Thoughts