• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Under performing XI

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I think all teams have now played 2 games. Who are your picks for the Under performing XI so far? Help me fill this out:

1) Gayle
2)
3) Sangakarra
4) Ross Taylor
5)
6)
7)
8)
9) Steyn
10)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think all teams have now played 2 games. Who are your picks for the Under performing XI so far? Help me fill this out:

1) Gayle
2)
3) Sangakarra
4) Ross Taylor
5)
6)
7)
8)
9) Steyn
10)
Younis would have to be your other opener no?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I've watched pretty much every game, lets do this.

Gayle
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Taylor
Morgan (c)
Samuels
Buttler (+)
Broad
Anderson
Roach
Malinga

12th man Watto

I went for the players you'd expect most out of in the ODI game.

Hashim, de Kock and Rohit very unlucky not to be featured but I don't think they've looked as terrible as the others occupying their team position.

Zinzan

Gayle
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Taylor
Morgan (c)
Samuels
Buttler (+)
Broad
Anderson
Roach
Malinga

12th man Watto

Hashim, de Kock and Rohit very unlucky not to be featured but I don't think they've looked as terrible as the others occupying their team position.
Assume you not mentioning Younis suggests you didn't expect him to perform to start with..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Has been really poor and Afghanistan can't bat.
Yeah. Visualise the poor shape he is in, bowling not much more than 130kph, complete lack of consistency, combined with his action and his hair. Now imagine we had never seen him play or heard of him and instead of playing for SL he plays for a minnow. That player would be crucified by the commentators if he was, for example, called Jason Booth from Scotland or Dawat Attar from Afghanistan.

He has looked terrible and bowled marginally better. Still functional but not the player we once knew and kinda coasting by on reputation.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member

Gayle
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Taylor
Morgan (c)
Samuels
Buttler (+)
Broad
Anderson
Roach
Malinga

12th man Watto

I think we all realise that you mean Ross, but how many Taylors are in this tournament? Ross, Brendan, Jerome, James, Rob - are there any more? Apart from Tubby in the commentary box

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yeah. Visualise the poor shape he is in, bowling not much more than 130kph, complete lack of consistency, combined with his action and his hair. Now imagine we had never seen him play or heard of him and instead of playing for SL he plays for a minnow. That player would be crucified by the commentators if he was, for example, called Jason Booth from Scotland or Dawat Attar from Afghanistan.

He has looked terrible and bowled marginally better. Still functional but not the player we once knew and kinda coasting by on reputation.
+1..absolutely right mate.. I said before the tournament started that he wouldnt be anywhere near his best..It is simply too close to his ankle surgery and whilst there is a standard recovery time, his action puts a lot of stress on that ankle(probably more than a bolwer with a classical action)..If i am honest, we probably picked him as a) it will his last WC and b) our bowling is gash so we didnt have any other choice..

Teja.

Global Moderator
Amla is a lock surely, considering he is rated as arguably the best LO bat in the world.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Buttler was okay today - might be enough for him to make way for Q de Kock.