• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Under performing XI

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's been some weird things said about Steyn by the commentators, like him being "wayward", "out of sorts" and "he struggled in the slog overs against india". What the hell? Did these people watch the match at all? Steyn's spell at the death was fantastic. Oh, but his final figures were 1-57 in 10 overs so he was obviously rubbish.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't believe someone is trying to argue that Taylor has been in poor ODI form. No-one can honestly think that or argue that. It's impossible. Totally pointless conversation on every level.
Nah, he's definitely not in good nick at all right now. Pre World cup, sure. Won't be in a rush to drop him though of course.
I know I said I wouldn't even bother arguing this point anymore but...really? Poor ODI form? Based on 3 games after an extended run of freaky-good form?

Again I reiterate- I too have seen the signs that Taylor's batting is in kind of a weird place generally. But there just isn't an argument to be mounted, on any level, that he has dropped off in ODIs yet.
Definitely out of nick.

Runs here should give him a bit of confidence though. It's possibly just mental because at one point he looked like he had got past his usual shaky start and was starting to play well, but then it just all went out the window in the last 25% of his knock.

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
Missed the game but was that the first time Taylor played his cow corner slog that got him out?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Quentin de Kock +
2. Nasir Jamshed
3. Younus Khan
4. Ross Taylor
5. Eoin Morgan *
6. Dwayne Smith
7. Ravindra Jadeja
8. Thisara Perera
9. Wayne Parnell
10. Stuart Broad
11. Mitchell McCleneneneneneneneneneneghan

Flem274*

123/5
1. Quentin de Kock +
2. Nasir Jamshed
3. Younus Khan
4. Ross Taylor
5. Eoin Morgan *
6. Dwayne Smith
7. Ravindra Jadeja
8. Thisara Perera
9. Wayne Parnell

10. Stuart Broad
11. Mitchell McCleneneneneneneneneneneghan
these guys aren't underperforming.

jadeja in oceania could be added to the bolded too.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nah look, they may be spuds but their results have been even more spuddish than you'd expect.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Ross Taylor should be the new captain of this team. Great things were expected, great things are expected and all he is doing is playing like a tailender. Can we swap him for one of the minnows batsman maybe the Arab bloke that scored a ton against the Irish?

I'd like Chris Rattue to write an article about how useless he is. Apparently he needs to have a reason to play good like a back to the wall angry performance?. I'd sub him out for latham soon if he doesn't perfom, really pissing me off his constant poor performances. I must admit I hold him to a much higher standard than Guppy and Elliott and I should he's meant to be our best player. Even if I hold him to their standards he has still been our worst performer so far in the world cup.
I originally posted this as a semi troll/reverse jinx attempt, but Taylor has not improved and now we have Chris Rattue having to write an article about his form.

Chris Rattue: Out-of-touch Taylor left behind - Sport - NZ Herald News

Rossco needs to come good, the nation is begging for him to deliver. Not a single person will remember his group stage performance if he can get it together in the knockouts.

Niall

International Coach
Kevin O'Brien?
Not a bad shout, he definitely underperformed. However he did slog a quick 50 to beat the UAE which was crucial as if they had lost that game they were pretty much dead.

One innings isn't much, but to be fair it is one more innings than the real flops of the tournament of so far mainly Morgan.

Its interesting to consider what associate players should be considered here? I dunno if I would include any Irish, yes the bowlers bar Dockrell were poor, but did anybody expect anything else? All the batsmen stood up at least once.

The obvious one is Mc Cleod of Scotland, a lot expected and absolutely awful.

Flem274*

123/5
posting anything written by chris rattue should result in an infraction. the worst sports journalist in the world.

his about face post-captaincy saga was amazing

"taylor sucks at everything"
*45 all out*
"taylor is wonderful, make him captain again!"