• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

16th Match - Ireland v United Arab Emirates

Who will win this match?

• United Arab Emirates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 16th Match of the World Cup between Ireland and United Arab Emirates (Brisbane Cricket Ground).

anil1405

International Captain
UAE's only chance might be if they restrict Ireland to a reasonable score and take advantage of an average Irish bowling line-up.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
With the Windies all but stitching up one of the two dicey quarter final spots, you'd think we'd need to win this by a lot, beat Zim then Pakistan to have any real chance now.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we're being a little overrated after the opening game. We're not at a level where we can go into a game with UAE thinking about net run rate.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I think we're being a little overrated after the opening game. We're not at a level where we can go into a game with UAE thinking about net run rate.
Agreed. WI were woeful the first 25 overs of that first game. Far from a given Ireland beat beat UAE or Zimbabwe.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
No, I agree but thats just how unrealistic the quarters have become since the west indies found their mojo. There's one spot left and it's gonna be Pakistan's.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And the UAE underrated.

Ireland should win, but I'm not expecting a blowout.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
former cricket australia board member matthew hayden just said that the associations can "wreck the party" and it'd be "a shame" if one of them kept out Pakistan