• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

16th Match - Ireland v United Arab Emirates

Who will win this match?

• United Arab Emirates

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nice from Deano there; talking about drink cards for the bloke from the UAE...

****ing Dean Jones, fair dinkum, headphones in.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From a Kiwi & Aust perspective, I suppose we should be wanting Ireland to get home here, hence increasing their chances of qualifying 3rd or 4th in Pool B. But it is hard not to want the UAE to get their first WC win.

Zinzan

So heartbreaking for the bowler. I've seen the bails remain intact a couple of times before, but never that flush. That was crazy.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Feel bad for the bowler. The rule requiring bails to fall off to be given out is a bit silly itbt.

cnerd123

likes this
Flem asked Deano if there should be a prize for bowling the fastest ball of the game, Deano said maybe some drink cards...
Wouldn't be surprised if several members of the UAE squad do drink tbh. I grew up there and know lots of muslims who consume alcohol. They're mostly expats; they aren't extremist jihadists or anything.

Fun Fact: In the UAE, you need a license to own alcohol, and another one to consume it.

Spikey

if the ICC are gonna push on with zing bails they'll have to be clarification. I know there's been some run-outs given out before the bails have clearly been broken because they've lightened up

Zinzan

Such a crucial wicket too, I mean Joyce at this stage making it 40/2 would put the UAE well & truly on top.