• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th Match - West Indies v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion surrounding the 15th Match of the World Cup between the West Indies and Zimbabwe (Manuka Oval, Canberra).

jonbrooks

International Debutant
This is going to be a really interesting match. I honestly didn't think WI would beat Pakistan, and so comprehensively too. If Zim hadn't conceded 140 odd runs in the final 10 against SA it would have been a much tighter game.

cnerd123

likes this
I think the WI sloggers will batter the Zim bowlers to the tune of another 300+ score, which may be enough to defend.

Zim should try to bat first and defend. Could be a really good game then.

arana

Cricket Spectator
West Indies have a greater chance of winning over Zimbabwe but if it happens otherwise then, we have got a definite semi- final qualifier

Julian87

State Captain
Zimbabwe probably need to bring in another bowling option (even if it's just Matsikenyeri to cut Raza from the attack) if they're dead against Chibabha. Picking Chakabva almost cost them against an Associate and definitely will cost them against a test playing side.

Edit; Chibhaba's injured. It's Matsikenyeri time.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
High chances of match being abandoned due to rain. Not sure to whose advantage it would be, WI, Zim or Ireland. But I think it will hinder Pakistan's prospects more.

Both the groups have become very interesting with the associates upping the ante and rain too playing its part.

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Should be able to watch most of this match. Both low-key from my perspective and at the same time very important for this group, so it should be a good contest.

Also Tom Moody, it's 'instill discipline', you don't 'install' it like an appliance (you cretin) :happy:.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oh god this team selection is horrible! The team was already light on bowling before they replaced the batsman-being-used-as-a-third-seamer with a batsman who can't be used as a third seamer. I know Mire was injured but FMD he should've been replaced with a bowler.