• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th Match - West Indies v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
They're a bowler light most games.. today I think they're two bowlers light. The fact that a bunch of pie chuckers are going to fill in 15 overs, not to mention Williams trolling for 10 overs, is my whole point.
Third pie chucker in now. So far, luckily for them, they have got away with it. But these guys will probably have to fill up Kamungozi and Sean's overs too.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A good hundred with some glimpses of the Gayle of old, but I still think he should have been out in the first over.

Zinzan

A good hundred with some glimpses of the Gayle of old, but I still think he should have been out in the first over.
I only caught the replay of that Gayle decision for a split second, but there seemed to be something dodgy about 'virtual' in relation to the bounce. Just didn't look right.

_Ed_

Two from the over in the power play, and Samuels is sitting on a rollicking 59 (112).

morgieb

Very bizarre innings from Samuels.

Still on track for 300 probably, but I have doubts whether that'll be enough at Manuka.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not watching, but is Samuels playing the long game here? By that I mean just batting himself into form for the rest of the WC and not caring specifically about the state of this match?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe's death bowling is ****. This is undeniable; they've only got two proper seamers in the side and they're effectively Zimbabwean Kyle Millses.

However, it certainly doesn't help when the whole middle overs period is filled in with batsmen filling in overs who are very happy to go wicketless as long as they go for less than a run a ball. It just lets the batsmen get set and ready for the crap at the death.

This would just be something they had to live with if this was a proper reflection of the bowling talent in Zimbabwe.. but it's not. They're just not picking enough bowlers in the side.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Not watching, but is Samuels playing the long game here? By that I mean just batting himself into form for the rest of the WC and not caring specifically about the state of this match?
Possibly. He's starting to show a bit of intent now, but for the most part it's been bizarrely pedestrian.