• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th Match - West Indies v Zimbabwe

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
RS = Runs you Scored
OF = Overs you faced

RC = Runs you Conceded
OB = Overs you bowled

NRR = [ RS / OF ] - [ RC / OB ]
There's no way the side winning can have NRR, because if their NRR is x, the side losing automatically gets -x NRR.
Right?
The problem occurs when the target is revised. For example the target today was 363 for Zim and would've lost if they had scored 361. Yet their NRR would have been positive from the game going by the formula.

(361/48) - (372/50) = +0.08

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
BTW, the most important record broken today is of the partnership for any wicket in ODI. 372 in partnership is near unbeatable. Beats the long standing record partnership of Tendulkar and Dravid of 331.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem occurs when the target is revised. For example the target today was 363 for Zim and would've lost if they had scored 361. Yet their NRR would have been positive from the game going by the formula.

(361/48) - (372/50) = +0.08
no you just use the rr from the revised target for WI

anil1405

International Captain
BTW, the most important record broken today is of the partnership for any wicket in ODI. 372 in partnership is near unbeatable. Beats the long standing record partnership of Tendulkar and Dravid of 331.
On a bright note, the record hasn't been broken by a Sri Lankan pair.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's actually the biggest partnership in all list A cricket.

Julian87

State Captain
Yeah playing Chakabva and Matsikenyeri (while you carry 'I'm Kamungozi, get me outta here') is just absolute ****ing madness.

How Mupariwa hasn't played yet I will never ****ing know, especially considering the abortion that has been their death bowling, even before this game.

In no order Raza, masakadza, Williams, Taylor, Ervine and Chigumbura need to be the top 6. No ****ing questions asked. The only way I can even slightly excuse that being the case is if Chibhaba passes fitness tests and they play four bowlers below that 7. But FMD why is Chigumbura there batting 8 behind no hopers like Chakabva and Matsikenyeri. ****.

anil1405

International Captain
Agree with you on Chigumbura batting at 8. He deserves to be batting at 6. Or to put it more precisely, his team needs him at 6. Too good a batsman to be batting at no.8.

Zim either lack a good opener or a no.4 batsman. Raza and Masakadza should open with Taylor batting either at one or two down. But Sean Williams is not ideal at no.4 imo and I doubt if there is anyone else in this squad who could do justice to the no.4 slot.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It raises questions about the lower weight that shortened matches will get in calculation of overall series NRR. Effectively, they calculate a weighted average of NRR in each match, weighted by number of overs of batting and bowling. It would be better if they did a simple average instead.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It raises questions about the lower weight that shortened matches will get in calculation of overall series NRR. Effectively, they calculate a weighted average of NRR in each match, weighted by number of overs of batting and bowling. It would be better if they did a simple average instead.
Would make it unfair imo. NZ would have a ridiculously high NRR if they did that.

Flem274*

123/5
Bring back jarvis and waller

Srsly kidnap jarvis. Jarvis, chatara and parmigiana would make a perfectly fine trio.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Very bizarre innings from Samuels.

Still on track for 300 probably, but I have doubts whether that'll be enough at Manuka.
I know this is like 3 days late, but goddamn it I'm gonna do it anyway. Manuka is 179m x 150m in size. Compared to the MCG, which is 171m x 146m. The narrative that Manuka is small ****s me to tears.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
How long are the boundaries at each.
Honestly I have no idea but the boundaries at Manuka last time I was there (Big Bash Final) were probably roped in between 5-10m on our side (mid-wicket). Haven't been to the G in a few years (2008?) but they rope in quite far from what I see on TV. Either way the point still stands.