• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Match - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
It's because our ODI game revolves around accepting that the bowlers will go for plenty and banking on the batsmen to make up the difference. There's no point in worrying about what's out of control (the bowling).
I think our bats are good enough to score defend able totals, our bowlers have to help out a bit though, its like in the last WC where our bowlers stepped up and restricted oppositions to less than 300 when they could have gotten more, I'm aware that the conditions and rules have changed and 300 is part but we have to try our best. Can't expect our bats to chase/score 330+ every time.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
After the poor performances by India against Australia it will be interesting to see how they go against SA. I've picked an SA vs Aus final, and though not a very accurate performance gauge, we can still make some comparisons of where these two teams stand against each other.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think our bats are good enough to score defend able totals, our bowlers have to help out a bit though, its like in the last WC where our bowlers stepped up and restricted oppositions to less than 300 when they could have gotten more, I'm aware that the conditions and rules have changed and 300 is part but we have to try our best. Can't expect our bats to chase/score 330+ every time.
With the way India has bowled recently, there is a genuine question as to what actually is defendable for them.

Is it still the case they prefer chasing? They seem to have batted first a lot lately. With Dhoni and Kohli, I imagine chasing is still their preference?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Win the toss and bat at MCG I reckon if they get the chance. The chasing mentality has lessened in recent times.

India have realised 330 every game not foreseeable in Australia and they changed their strategy vs Pakistan as Kohli mentioned. Wickets in hand and go at the end. Don't need to be 80 after the first ten like is more common in India. Respect good opening bowlers with two new balls

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Think I'll be cheering for India, gonna be at the ground, wondering how big the crowd will be

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be cheering for SA. India is a dire scourge on world cricket, the seat of the base corruption which is trying to kill the game.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Cheering on SA obviously. They have Steyn and the hottest chicks of the native english speaking countries.

Riggins

International Captain
What's the deal with all the **** house indian squad member photos as avatars? Did I miss something?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think SA is the only team Kohli doesn't have a ODI century against? No better time to correct that, Dhoni's record is pretty shaky as well against SA. I think we should bat first, a good score allows for scoreboard pressure which can help Indian pacers, somehow bowling first (unless the conditions suit pacers) gives me that inevitable feeling of the opposition teams just pasting us and our bats being put under too much pressure to chase down 330+ or something.