• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Match - India v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we can see off the new ball without losing too many wickets then maybe haha who am i kidding we'll be 4 down in dale's 5th over.

anil1405

International Captain
It comes as a surprise that people are actually judging Tahir's ODI ability based on his test performances. He is one of those blokes who is proving to be a tremendous ODI bowler. I wouldn't consider leaving out a bowler who averages 19.8 with a s/r of 27 and e/r of 4.36 under any circumstances. A spinners numbers wouldn't be on the same lines if he is bowling too many full tosses or faster ones.

His consistency (line and length) in ODI's is immaculate for a leg spinner. Leg spinners tend to give away boundary balls bit more often but I haven't seen Tahir bowl too badly.

Seamup has been talking about Tahir having a bad series against Aus recently. In the three games that he played he conceded runs at pretty much the same rate at which Aussies scored throughout the innings. If this is considered as a bad performance then as a skipper I wouldn't mind such numbers every now and then.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Can't believe people are seriously suggesting dropping Tahir and for Abbot of all people. Abbot managed to regularly get smashed by the Windies and in my view isn't much of a limited overs bowler, while Tahir has been one SA's best bowlers in the last year. The only possible change should be Parnell in place of Behardien, as they ideally wouldn't want to rely too much on Duminy's bowling vs India.

Antihippy

International Debutant
How is Tahir a better option that Abbott v India?
What would another right arm medium fast bowler do for a lineup consisting of steyn, morne morkel and philander?

At least when australia went for an all pace attack you can argue that there is enough variety there to make the attack more dynamic, whereas the one fast bowling variety the Saffas have is wayne parnell.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
How is Tahir a better option that Abbott v India?
How isn't he? Abbot got regularly hammered by a Windies team in disarray and has a pretty ordinary one day record, while Tahir has been on of the better one day spinners for some time now. He's certainly performed better than India's spinners Jadeja and Ashwin, just to give an example.

Xuhaib

International Coach
can't imagine this will be a sell out at best i expect 400000-50000.Overall the crowds have been very good.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Too early to write off Abbott. I liked what I saw of him. Can get some good deliveries going.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Its Melbourne,so i think we defo stand a chance here.If it was Perth,South Africa would've started as outright favorites.

As of now,i give the slight edge to them.Plus the fact that SA are the only side we've never beaten in a WC competition.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Um why are people worried about Indian batting? It's our bowling vs some of the freakshows in the South African line ups that I'm scared about.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It's because our ODI game revolves around accepting that the bowlers will go for plenty and banking on the batsmen to make up the difference. There's no point in worrying about what's out of control (the bowling).